Monitor Audio Gold 200 vs Gold 300

S

Stampede

Enthusiast
Hi there, new to the forum but I have been a fan of the very helpful youtube videos and reviews for a few years.

I live in South Africa and I am a self confessed Audioholic. My system is as per bellow:

System: Atmos 7.2.4
AVR: Marantz 7009
Power Amp: Rotel 1585(5 channel power amp)
Front Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RX6
Center: Monitor Audio Silver RX centre
Surrounds: Monitor Audio Shadow 50 and 25
Atmos in ceiling: Monitor Audio CT265 IDC
Subs: 2 x Martin Logan Dynamo 1000 with DSPeaker 8033 antimode

S

Stampede

Enthusiast
I am looking to upgrade my fronts and centre to the Monitor Audio Gold series. I have read review on both and they both received excellent reviews. Is it worth the extra 25% to get the gold 300 over the gold 200?
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Only YOU would be able to make that rationalization. Listen to both, and decide. Also, listen to other speakers in the price ranges of whichever you like better, and perhaps find an even better speaker for your tastes.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you don't plan on using subwoofers, go for the 300.

S

Stampede

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply guys.Unfortunately not possible to audition them where I live, would have to travel 600km at least and even then I wouldnt able to get a side by side comparision.

An update to the story is that I managed to get a new set of Monitor Audio PL200 for the same price as the Gold 300s. The PL300s was the best sounding speakers that I have ever heard in my limited listening experience. So I am extremely pleased with that.

I have heard the following speakers at different locations:
Klipsch Reference RP280
Paradigm 75F
Monitor Audio GX200
Vandersteen 1Ci, 2C and 3a

I now need to find a matching centre at a reasonable price. The Monitor Audio PLC150 and PLC350 are my choices. I have readup audioholics articles abt 2 way vs 3way speaker design but I feel the PLC350 is way too big and expensive. What do you guys think? Will there be a big difference in voice quailty between the 2?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
They'll be different or they would only offer one. You'll be fine with the PL150. No worries.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis