Monitor Audio Bronze 4

M

musicmax

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Has anyone heard the new monitor audio bronze series? &nbsp;i'm interested in the floorstander (b4) but haven't found any reviews anywhere... &nbsp;the older bronze series was very well recd so i am considering them. &nbsp;unfortunately, there's no dealer in my city - so will have to wait a while for an audition &nbsp;

comparisons with the heybrook hb4 and the b&amp;w 602 S3 would be most welcome!

thanks!</font>

D

dasquared

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I just decided to go with these over the Paradigm Monitor 5 speakers with CC370 Center channel/rear center. &nbsp;I had previously chosen the Paradigm at a different retailer over some Klipsch and M&amp;K. They were all similarly priced, &nbsp;but I cannot remember the Klipsch or M&amp;K speaker models (sorry). They were all tested using the Denon 3803 receiver, playing from a Yamaha DVD C-920. &nbsp;I listened to some Wagner (Die Walkure), Pink Floyd (Echoes, Dark Side, and the Animals CD) as well as &quot;The Last Waltz&quot; Ltd Edition DVD. I also watched portions of Apocalypse Now (redux version), Saving Private Ryan, Speed, and Fast and the Furious DVD's. &nbsp;( I am a salespersons nightmare!) The Bronze were IMO the best...just sounded fuller and crisper than the others. &nbsp;I am quite familiar with all of these sound sources, and the Bronze were best to me. &nbsp;And they were actually also the least expensive of all of the speakers I looked at. &nbsp;Hope this helps.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have the Bronze 2 bookshelf from the new series that the Bronze 4 belongs to. I'm VERY glad I purchased these. They have a slightly laid back sound, and are probably best suited to classical/jazz/acoustic music. They are best described as accurate, quick, and smooth. These speakers will play at extremely high volumes without distortion. The only thing they are lacking is deep bass, but the Bronze 4 probably does a better job in that area. The bass that they do produce is high quality.
&nbsp; &nbsp;I regret not checking out Axiom Audio and Paradigm speakers before I bought these. You might want to compare reviews on these with the B4. That said, I love my B2's. Look at www.audioreview.com for more user reviews.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Monitor make very nice speaker. &nbsp;I just purchased a new set (not Monitor) but I was really torn on buying them or not (was looking at the S6 though). &nbsp;I also feel that they outperform the Paradigm, meaning they seem to give much more definition in the sound. &nbsp;I only heard the midrange with the Paradigms. &nbsp;Also check another Brit speaker company - B&amp;W, again very good for music.
reviews- the absozzz!ute sound - Monitor Audio B2 - February/March 2003
HiFiChoice.co.uk - Bronze B2 - February 2003
goto the Monitor website for reviews and more.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : Monitor make very nice speaker.  I just purchased a new set (not Monitor) but I was really torn on buying them or not (was looking at the S6 though).  I also feel that they outperform the Paradigm, meaning they seem to give much more definition in the sound.  I only heard the midrange with the Paradigms.  Also check another Brit speaker company - B&amp;W, again very good for music.
reviews- the absozzz!ute sound - Monitor Audio B2 - February/March 2003
HiFiChoice.co.uk - Bronze B2 - February 2003
goto the Monitor website for reviews and more.
I listened to a lot of speakers back in November including Paradigm, B&amp;W, one model of Dynaudio and several pairs of Monitor Audios. I ended up going with the Silver s6 because they were much tighter than the Bronze B-4. There was too much cabinet resonance present in the B-4s. To me the Bronze B-2 sounded tighter and I would be inclined to select those over the Bronze B-4s and go back for a Sub if you weren't satisfied with the low end. However, the Silver s6 is worth a few more dollars.
If you demo the silver series be aware there is a protective metal grill over the tweeter that clouds the sound a little. It is only held in place by the magnetic field of the tweeter and once removed, the sound on any of the silver series will really open up.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I guess I'm just infatuated by the sound for the price. I previously purchaed the s-6 and though I really didn't need them, just went out and bought a set of the B-2's to replace an older bookshelf set of boston acoustics (which had sub in set up).
Sound is great and I removed the sub as the Monitors produce more accurate and sufficient bass without it. Incredible bargain and very accurate.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis