Monarch:Legacy of Monsters

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone checking this out? I started late afternoon, on episode 5 now :) I'm liking it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Looks cool. Haven’t started it yet. Might wait until the holidays pass so I can stop and enjoy lol.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am all caught up since I love Godzilla.

I just wish they would just focus on the ADULTS and the TITANS, and don’t even talk about the annoying kids. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Godzilla lovers must be pretty happy with this and the new movies soon.... :) Adults of the Titans or ?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I will definitely check this out. Longtime Godzilla fan.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will definitely check this out. Longtime Godzilla fan.
So far, I've seen Godzilla appear twice in this series. Hopefully will see Godzilla a lot more times and less of the humans, especially the annoying young humans with daddy issues. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We saw Minus One over the weekend and it was really excellent. MUST SEE.

This show is surprisingly good. Yeah, there is a lot of drama, but overall the story they're presenting is pretty interesting. It is ABOUT those annoying humans, which is why it is mostly showing them lol.

The kids are apparently important because it leads into the next generation; ultimately into what ends up being Godzilla (2014). The Daddy issues are 100% related to the story since he is extremely important to what happens in the 2014 and subsequent films; though I am still not sure where they are going with that in terms of the show.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We saw Minus One over the weekend and it was really excellent. MUST SEE.

This show is surprisingly good. Yeah, there is a lot of drama, but overall the story they're presenting is pretty interesting. It is ABOUT those annoying humans, which is why it is mostly showing them lol.

The kids are apparently important because it leads into the next generation; ultimately into what ends up being Godzilla (2014). The Daddy issues are 100% related to the story since he is extremely important to what happens in the 2014 and subsequent films; though I am still not sure where they are going with that in terms of the show.
Yeah, but....but.....those 3 young characters are still annoying has hell. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Concerned about Minus One being like Shin Godzilla (Same Director) and Shin was craptacular. I agree with ADTG on Monarch, more Godzilla and less winey kids with daddy issues.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm in. I've probably watched most of the Godzilla movies in my time.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Concerned about Minus One being like Shin Godzilla (Same Director) and Shin was craptacular. I agree with ADTG on Monarch, more Godzilla and less winey kids with daddy issues.
Minus One is very different than Shin. Shin had many issues and Minus One follows some of the story points of it, but it focuses on one central character and his struggles, which gives it a life and a point. Shin basically had no main character, none of the human characters seemed to matter, and the ending was also a huge disappointment. Minus One has the feel of a classic Godzlilla movie with modern visuals. I would say worth seeing in the theater. It was the best Godzilla film in a long, long time.

H

HTEnthusiast

Audioholic Intern
I have been keeping up with the episodes. I’m enjoying them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It has remained pretty good throughout.

Minus One has hit $49.5m in the US, for a total box office of ~$90m worldwide so far. Cost to shoot = $15m.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Season finale was good, a bit predictable, but enjoyed it. Curious is this is just a precursor to pump up the movie, or if they will actually do a season 2. It was a bit of cliffhanger, so hope they do.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Season finale was good, a bit predictable, but enjoyed it. Curious is this is just a precursor to pump up the movie, or if they will actually do a season 2. It was a bit of cliffhanger, so hope they do.
It does sound like they have plans for another season, though it isn't confirmed anywhere. The way this one plays out, it seems like it is laying the groundwork, between itself and the last movie, for how that "realm" works because that film looks to be about it or takes place in it.

Interestingly, I saw an article that says the series and the movies are not entirely tied together, which probably is most evident in the time area.

Although "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire" is slated for release this year, it's worth noting that "Monarch" won't function directly as a bridge series for that movie. "Monarch" explores the Hollow Earth idea that's been put forth by previous MonsterVerse films, but director Matt Shakman told Collider that Godzilla canon will remain pretty messy. More specifically, he said that both the show and Adam Wingard's upcoming film share a "mythology department" that helps keep kaiju lore somewhat consistent, but that the two projects aren't that intertwined.

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/1485735/monarch-legacy-of-monsters-season-1-ending-explained/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis