Modifying a portable speaker

W

Willepille

Audiophyte
So a while ago i bought a speaker and that's all good but there is a problem with the speaker. When i plug it in to my computer it plays the sound well but if the sound coming from my computer isn't loud enough the sound just cuts of until the sound it is high enough.
It's a problem because it creates these abrupt stops in the sound and the speaker makes a small *click* sound which really destroys the mood of the thing that i am watching/listening. And sometimes it's slow so the sound comes back but the speaker doesn't do it quick enough so a small bit of the sound that was supposed to be played just doesn't play at all.
My guess was that is was some kind of decibel limit that makes the speaker not play the sound if it's not loud enough.

Speaker:
Brand: Divoom
Modell: 2nd Generation Voombox-party

Please ask for more specifications if needed. I'm kind of a newbie at this so i don't know what is relevant and not

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So a while ago i bought a speaker and that's all good but there is a problem with the speaker. When i plug it in to my computer it plays the sound well but if the sound coming from my computer isn't loud enough the sound just cuts of until the sound it is high enough.
It's a problem because it creates these abrupt stops in the sound and the speaker makes a small *click* sound which really destroys the mood of the thing that i am watching/listening. And sometimes it's slow so the sound comes back but the speaker doesn't do it quick enough so a small bit of the sound that was supposed to be played just doesn't play at all.
My guess was that is was some kind of decibel limit that makes the speaker not play the sound if it's not loud enough.

Speaker:
Brand: Divoom
Modell: 2nd Generation Voombox-party

Please ask for more specifications if needed. I'm kind of a newbie at this so i don't know what is relevant and not
Seems like you are not the only person having problems at lower volumes. Granted, this is a different complaint, but that doesn't bode well at all for this speaker.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2477532,00.asp
One note: At very low volume levels, a hiss is audible on playback. You won't hear this at even moderate volume, but if you plan on only listening at super-low, office-appropriate levels, the Voombox Party is probably not the best choice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis