proshot04

proshot04

Audioholic Intern
WASHINGTON -- Federal customs agents Wednesday raided more than 30 businesses and homes in 16 states, looking for devices that allow pirated video games to play on Wiis, PlayStation 2s and Xboxes.

Redmond, Wash of xbox issued a statement applauding ICE's efforts to reduce piracy and protect the gaming industry's intellectual property.

its about time, you always hear movie studios, cd labels and game manufactures crying about burning, bootleggers, and moding well they finaly did something about it. fun fact the gaming industry looses $3 billion a year globally in Piracy.

Ps. not to be one of those out laws i would like to say that all of the info about this story came from the "Associated Press". "pleas don't seu me AP":p

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
The customs agents are still focusing in the wrong areas. If China's mass piracy is stopped it will cut into a huge chunk of the rest of the worlds. Hell, I read an article saying that within 24hours of the new Harry Potter books release there were good looking counterfeits on tables in china, along side the new movie of course.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
WASHINGTON -- Federal customs agents Wednesday raided more than 30 businesses and homes in 16 states, looking for devices that allow pirated video games to play on Wiis, PlayStation 2s and Xboxes.

Redmond, Wash of xbox issued a statement applauding ICE's efforts to reduce piracy and protect the gaming industry's intellectual property.

its about time, you always hear movie studios, cd labels and game manufactures crying about burning, bootleggers, and moding well they finaly did something about it. fun fact the gaming industry looses $3 billion a year globally in Piracy.

Ps. not to be one of those out laws i would like to say that all of the info about this story came from the "Associated Press". "pleas don't seu me AP":p

You left out the part that this only applies to manufacturers, importers and distributors of the so-called illegal devices. Based on your title and the select text you pasted here, it might seem that this included users of such devices as well.

-Chris

proshot04

proshot04

Audioholic Intern
yes i am sorry for not making it clear that only, like u said manufacturers, importers and distributors are having the pleasure of having there doors kicked in .that said its only a matter of time before there kicking in say my (friends door) and taking his xboxs. back to what i am saying moders beware its because that now that they are doing something to the modding biz it will be harder and harder to get mod-chips, making it harder to mod thous moders beware.

D

Derrleak

Junior Audioholic
To be raided, I would imagine you have to be a pretty heavy hitter when it comes to pirating...You arn't gonna get raided for pirating a movie or a few games...I would imagine, haha

proshot04

proshot04

Audioholic Intern
To be raided, I would imagine you have to be a pretty heavy hitter when it comes to pirating...You arn't gonna get raided for pirating a movie or a few games...I would imagine, haha

I would hope not for my sake:D

i think that the feds are starting at the top, to slow piracy down but they will never stop it because as long as there is a market they will find a way to survive.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis