Mode of Transportation

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Heck yeah! My older brother had a '79 Trans Am and that thing was sweet! Then he got married...
View attachment 35079
When he was on his honeymoon, I borrowed it and took it to my high school - I was the BMOC for a week! The T/A 6.6 is not to be confused with the 6.6 LITER, which I believe was an Olds 403?
View attachment 35080
Of course, all good things must come to an end and he traded it in for a Datsun 210 shortly after marriage.
View attachment 35081
Not all was lost as he installed a sweet Pioneer under-dash deck, Fosgate pre and amp and some AR bookshelf speakers!
That TA was my dream car when I was a kid! I had a couple of hot wheels that look just like it!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDi
View attachment 35078
Niiice! I still harbor fond memories of my 2004 Golf TDI 5MT. First car I ever paid off in full. Looking back at every vehicle I've ever owned, it was for sure my favorite of them all. Dang, that time I drove from Williamsburg VA to NYC and made it back into Virginia before I had to fill up... 750 miles on one tank!

R.I.P. Squeaky!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I've been more or less into cars since before I could drive them. Had a couple Chrysler cars early on that were pretty unreliable, so I moved onto Honda after them. Have only owned coupes since 2001 when I got my first Accord coupe(a 98), subsequently had 2 more (and 07, and a 2016) before Honda stopped making Accord coupes and moved onto Infiniti, whose coupes I had loved since they first started marking them. My 98 was also the first car I did more than put wheels on and a new stereo into.

the 98:

My '07 Accord coupe v6:

Did a lot to that one as well: exhaust, custom j pipe, custom intake, new sway bars, coilovers, did a quad projector install in the headlights, repainted most of the trim pieces to match the car paint, etc etc

Unfortunately that car was totaled shortly after I went back to school full time and I couldn't afford another v6, so ended up leasing an i4 instead.

2016 Accord coupe i4:

Started looking for a replacement a few months before the lease ended and found my current car:

2017 Infiniti Q60:

I look forward to when I get those summer wheels and tires back on it!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've never owned my own car despite having a drivers license for over 30 years :cool:

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
A better pic of the 98:

and one showing the projectors on the 07:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My grocery getter/family mover is 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited and my practical AND midlife crisis/sleeper car Accord 2018 2.0T EX-L. It looks like a large sedan but goes 0-60mph in 5.5s. the very nice and torquey engine borrowed and slightly detuned from Civic Type-R paired with an excellent 10speed auto gearbox.
Goes like the clappers.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Niiice! I still harbor fond memories of my 2004 Golf TDI 5MT. First car I ever paid off in full. Looking back at every vehicle I've ever owned, it was for sure my favorite of them all. Dang, that time I drove from Williamsburg VA to NYC and made it back into Virginia before I had to fill up... 750 miles on one tank!

R.I.P. Squeaky!
I've always loved VWs (next door neighbor illegally taught me how to drive in a Beetle) and my first new purchase was a Golf. I've driven different brands over the years, but always come back to Volkswagen (probably because I've never been able to afford the models I lust after in the more expensive German marques).

VW neutered the engine a bit after "Diesel Gate" but it still performs admirably. I plan on getting a simple tune that'll bump up the numbers by 50whp and 100ft-lb of torque, but I still have +/- 100K left on the drive train warranty the VW tacked on to recompense and I'm concerned about voiding that (the tuner assures that the tune is reversable). Anyway, if I do, overall performance will be greater than a stock GTI, which ain't bad for a diesel wagon! Oh, and better MPG as well...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
GM training center also as a Technician Troubleshooting diagnostics. As you would guess I was Thoroughly pissed with the closing down of Pontiac Division.
Keeping Buick instead of Pontiac was a dumb move. I know why they got rid of Oldsmobile, but Pontiac was more iconic IMHO.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Keeping Buick instead of Pontiac was a dumb move. I know why they got rid of Oldsmobile, but Pontiac was more iconic IMHO.
Not at the time it wasn't, for Buick 'was' the number one imported car into China. But I agree Pontiac was a better choice here at home.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been more or less into cars since before I could drive them. Had a couple Chrysler cars early on that were pretty unreliable, so I moved onto Honda after them. Have only owned coupes since 2001 when I got my first Accord coupe(a 98), subsequently had 2 more (and 07, and a 2016) before Honda stopped making Accord coupes and moved onto Infiniti, whose coupes I had loved since they first started marking them. My 98 was also the first car I did more than put wheels on and a new stereo into.

the 98:

My '07 Accord coupe v6:

Did a lot to that one as well: exhaust, custom j pipe, custom intake, new sway bars, coilovers, did a quad projector install in the headlights, repainted most of the trim pieces to match the car paint, etc etc

Unfortunately that car was totaled shortly after I went back to school full time and I couldn't afford another v6, so ended up leasing an i4 instead.

2016 Accord coupe i4:

Started looking for a replacement a few months before the lease ended and found my current car:

2017 Infiniti Q60:

I look forward to when I get those summer wheels and tires back on it!
Ah, I hated to see the accord coupe get discontinued! I had bought a 2011, last new car I ever bought. It was 98% perfect... but the 2% was the damn seats. Long drives caused so much pain in my hips and legs. I only kept it 16 months before selling it to Carmax. I miss that V6 and that sick smooth manual shifter though!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ah, I hated to see the accord coupe get discontinued! I had bought a 2011, last new car I ever bought. It was 98% perfect... but the 2% was the damn seats. Long drives caused so much pain in my hips and legs. I only kept it 16 months before selling it to Carmax. I miss that V6 and that sick smooth manual shifter though!
Oh wow, I never had an issue with the seats in my 07, took that thing halfway across the country multiple times. Now the seats in the wife's 2018 Civic I'm not fond of, they seem too short to me and lack support for the thighs/legs because of it.

edit:

Obligatory car pic:

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
2017 QX50

I had a 2006 Infiniti G35 and loved it. Very well built car fun to drive and reliable, so when it came time to replace it, I stayed with the same brand. I looked at the Audi Q5 and a BMW but after I drove this I just couldn't see paying 10 to 15k more for one of those. So far so good..

IMG_20180731_144305982_HDR.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis