Mode of Transportation

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Last week one of my clients came by with his little BMW M5 to pick up his Denon X8500.

I was a little bit concerned at first because the X8500 box was kind of big. But it fit in the trunk nicely.

His JVC NX7 arrived today. This box is significantly bigger than the X8500’s. So I was even more concerned that the NX7’s wouldn’t fit in his BMW.

So when he pulled up in his little Porsche 911, I was REALLY concerned. :D

Surely enough, the NX7’s would not fit inside his Porsche. What’s a guy to do?

Well, he unboxed the NX7 and placed it on the front passenger seat and placed the flattened box in the back. :D

What’s your mode of transportation? :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I drive a very modest 2010 Toyota Tacoma with low miles and hand crank windows!

I really, really need to update the audio in that thing. It's literally unlistenable. I was using the headphone jack out from my phone to the oem head unit and road noise drowns it out. Just not enough juice from the phone. My phone's speaker is louder so that's what I've been using...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
GMC Savana LWB 3500....up to 15 people/bikes and a wide variety of cargo with the seats out :) Ditto on the handcrank windows :)

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Couple of my cars parked in my frontyard.

1585860591687.png

Note to myself: wakeup ;-)

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Last week one of my clients came by with his little BMW M5 to pick up his Denon X8500.

I was a little bit concerned at first because the X8500 box was kind of big. But it fit in the trunk nicely.

His JVC NX7 arrived today. This box is significantly bigger than the X8500’s. So I was even more concerned that the NX7’s wouldn’t fit in his BMW.

Well, he unboxed the NX7 and placed it on the front passenger seat and placed the flattened box in the back. :D

You didn't answer your own question. ;)

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Re-did the whole audio system not that long ago. Recently put in a dash cam cause people are dumb. Started putting in backup sensors, but had to stop. Backup camera is installed.

Wife has a 2015 Dodge Durango. Nice, but I wish it had a V8.

C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic

I drive a 2001 Toyota echo also with hand rank windows. Put a detachable face radio pioneer 4x100 watt amp and alpine 6x9s, 6.5in in the front doors and tweeters in the dash. I drive less than two miles to work but it makes it tolerable

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
2015 Dodgr Ram Sport.
0A890A6A-312E-4C1F-8A78-245C2CD78254.jpeg
571DE1AE-53B5-460C-BEF7-AECBE86B246D.jpeg
0A890A6A-312E-4C1F-8A78-245C2CD78254.jpeg

I like having a vehicle that blends Well with others around it.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I feel bad I don't have a picture. I drive a nearly 18 year old F150 with 200,000 miles on it . That's my daily driver. I also have a BMW 335i 2 door coupe with an M performance package and upgrades. I wouldn't touch the stereo in the BMW. Its stinkin' awesome right from the factory. I'm not sure what they put in there, but, its got everything I want and then some for sound.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Mode of Vehicle? as of now 2007 Mustang Convertible, runs very good rides like well a Mustang.
Now before you guys start Shooting off your mouth
My choice of Preferred is GM, Specifically Pontiac.
For those of you who know me which is a few on AH. I was in the Automotive industry for over 25 years before I jumped head first in the Petroleum industry but that’s another story back to Andrew’s Thread which I feel is a good one he has been known to start up some of the very best Threads on AH. So with all do Respect to Andrew aka ADTG getting back to the Topic at hand my knowledge of Vehicles is extensive specially American made. A true Hot rod, NHRA of old school past and the winner is Trans AM with the 400 small block Engine.
Yeah it’s called a Engine not a motor, a Motor is what starts a Engine! Now back to my Pontiac 400 small block with a Holly carburetor Dual feed pump High-rise intake, Polished and ported aluminum heads. Dome Pistons, B&W Slap Stick Shifter. I’ll stop there cause the rest of my listed street hot rod which by the way I use to take to State Capital dragway here in Louisiana about once a month. Nothing beats an American made classic Hot Rod.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Mode of Vehicle? as of now 2007 Mustang Convertible, runs very good rides like well a Mustang.
For those of you who know me which is a few on AH. I was in the Automotive industry for over 25 years before I jumped head first in the Petroleum industry but that’s another story back to Andrew’s Thread which I feel is a good one he has been known to start up some of the very best Threads on AH. So with all do Respect to Andrew aka ADTG getting back to the Topic at hand my knowledge of Vehicles is extensive specially American made. A true Hot rod, NHRA of old school past and the winner is Trans AM with the 400 small block Engine.
Yeah it’s called a Engine not a motor, a Motor is what starts a Engine! Now back to my Pontiac 400 small block with a Holly carburetor Dual feed pump High-rise intake, Polished and ported aluminum heads. Dome Pistons, B&W Slap Stick Shifter. I’ll stop there cause the rest of my listed street hot rod which by the way I use to take to State Capital dragway here in Louisiana about once a month. Nothing beats an American made classic Hot Rod.
Heck yeah! My older brother had a '79 Trans Am and that thing was sweet! Then he got married...
TA 6.6.JPG

When he was on his honeymoon, I borrowed it and took it to my high school - I was the BMOC for a week! The T/A 6.6 is not to be confused with the 6.6 LITER, which I believe was an Olds 403?
6.6 Liter.jpg

Of course, all good things must come to an end and he traded it in for a Datsun 210 shortly after marriage.
1585915498972.png

Not all was lost as he installed a sweet Pioneer under-dash deck, Fosgate pre and amp and some AR bookshelf speakers!

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So, 'Motor Trend' is a magazine about starters? :)

From Dictionary.com-

"a comparatively small and powerful engine, especially an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.".

Did you work for GM?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
So, 'Motor Trend' is a magazine about starters? :)

From Dictionary.com-

"a comparatively small and powerful engine, especially an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.".

Did you work for GM?
Yes I did, a Starter “Motor” or any other motor isn’t a Engine when I hear someone say, For example I had the oil changed in my motor just rubs me is all.
But using Motor Trend Magazine as an example
is a good example. Just think how at Daytona 500
When at the start of the race that guy goes, Instead of saying start your engines he says motors. :p;)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes I did, a Starter “Motor” or any other motor isn’t a Engine when I hear someone say, For example I had the oil changed in my motor just rubs me is all.
But using Motor Trend Magazine as an example
is a good example. Just think how at Daytona 500
When at the start of the race that guy goes, Instead of saying start your engines he says motors. :p;)
Motor clubs, motorcycle, etc. It became about a device that uses fuel, but electric motors existed before internal combustion devices.

Where did you work for GM? A friend worked at the Desert Proving Ground in Mesa, AZ. He was in the CPC Division, V8 Powertrain Development.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Heck yeah! My older brother had a '79 Trans Am and that thing was sweet! Then he got married...
View attachment 35079
When he was on his honeymoon, I borrowed it and took it to my high school - I was the BMOC for a week! The T/A 6.6 is not to be confused with the 6.6 LITER, which I believe was an Olds 403?
View attachment 35080
Of course, all good things must come to an end and he traded it in for a Datsun 210 shortly after marriage.
View attachment 35081
Not all was lost as he installed a sweet Pioneer under-dash deck, Fosgate pre and amp and some AR bookshelf speakers!
Thanks for posting up the pics, Mine was painted Corvette yellow inside Custom, black roof was button top black vinyl T-Tops of course. I had the rear drive axle cut so I could fit 50” Inch slicks under the fender well so I wouldn’t have to Flare out the rear fenders. I’m glad you posted that photo, I can relate my wife of that time hated my Pontiac only cause of the time and money it cost so one day I got tried of hearing her mouth I sold it off at a lost put the money in her hot lil hands. Told her as I put the money in her hand that our Marriage would never be the same. She could care less, I could tell by the cold look in her eyes right than and there that Bit$h was dead to me.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Motor clubs, motorcycle, etc. It became about a device that uses fuel, but electric motors existed before internal combustion devices.

Where did you work for GM? A friend worked at the Desert Proving Ground in Mesa, AZ. He was in the CPC Division, V8 Powertrain Development.
GM training center also as a Technician Troubleshooting diagnostics. As you would guess I was Thoroughly pissed with the closing down of Pontiac Division.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis