mix and match speakers?

R

Rich0301

Enthusiast
Do you loose anything if you have one brand of mains and different brands of center, and surrounds ? I am thinking of Paradigm Studio 100 mains and Axiom QS8 surrounds and Ascend Acoustic CM-340 for a center, any comments?

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
At a minimum I like to keep my fronts matched. You'll get better flow from left to right and visa-versa.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
The mains and center can be mixed if they closely match sonically but that's rare. The rears are not nearly as big of a concern. Many people different brand rears and get great results. In terms of the front three speakers, I strongly recc. that you go with the same brand and even the same series within a brand for that matter. For example, I would not match the Paradigm monitor series center with Studio mains or vice versa. If money is an issue, spend more on the matching front three now and hold off on the rears until money permits. If money is an issue.

Shinerman

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
yeah match the front 3,

but i have also read that the silver 6 and silver 8, from monitor audio matches up pretty damn good with axiom. you think that would be better than betting axiom mains? mixed reviews on the m60's and 80's.. and none of them are rave

BJP

BJP

Audioholic
All mixed up

I have Athena AS-B1's Front, Polk CSi5 Centre, Sony SS-MSP75 Surrounds(from HTIB, junk) and Athena Sub 8. Sound pretty good, although it's tough to hear the surrounds and sub is ineffective. The AS-B1 put out great bass. I'm upgrading to all Polk.

F

frostiex

Enthusiast
Sorry to jack this thread.. :(

but I can't seem to start a new thread...can some on help??

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis