mitsubishi ws-65813 crt vs. wd-62825 dlp

$

$hockwave

Audiophyte
okay i am rebuilding my home stereo system with a denon avr-3805 and a new sacd player but cannot seem to decide between the tv's i was looking at. okay i will be honest i am a newbie to tv's as i am looking on getting my first big screen.

i like the 65813 for the compatibility of vga,dvi 3 sets of componenet and the picture and size above all else but am worried about burn-in

where the 62825 has no dvi smaller and built in dvr but also have to buy stand with set and am told that dlp's you do not have to worry about burn-in since i will be playing alot of video games and watching movies and hooking up pc to as well and the picture looks slightly less detailed

so iwanted to know from the more experinced people with these sets on what would be the best because i feel it is hard to always trust people at store with the kind of money i will be spending on this set

thankyou for all replys and information on this

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

$hockwave said:
i like the 65813 for the compatibility of vga,dvi 3 sets of componenet and the picture and size above all else but am worried about burn-in
where the 62825 has no dvi smaller and built in dvr but also have to buy stand with set and am told that dlp's you do not have to worry about burn-in since i will be playing alot of video games and watching movies and hooking up pc to as well and the picture looks slightly less detailed
If the brand you are looking at does not have all the connecitons you want don't feel like you have to settle for that particular tv. That is the first DLP set I have heard of that does not have DVI. I also would steer clear of buying a set with a built in DVR. It is just one more thing that could go wrong with the TV.

Something you may need to consider. With any of the DLP/ LCD projection sets you will need to figure in the cost of replacement bulbs. Most that I have seen run in the $300 dollar range. I wouldn't worry too much about this. (Most bulbs are rated 3000 to 6000 hours) It is just something to consider since you will be using this set for gaming.

I am not sure what your budget is, but you might want to check out the JVC HD-ILA 3 chip Lcos sets. Unlike the DLP sets the JVC has no moving parts.

D

davpum

Audiophyte
I have the wd-62725 which is the 825 basically without the dvr. It is a mistake to buy a builtin dvr, can't handle changes in technology, not a high definition, doesn't work with cable card or cable HD as I have been told. the 725 and 825 both have HDMI connections which are DVI plus sound (but flimsier).

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
DLP as with any fixed pixel display will look perfectly sharp with a computer hooked up to it as long as you are running the EXACT resolution of the display.

Like, if you have a LCD monitor for your computer that is 1280x1024 - change your video to 1024x768 and you will see the image look really bad. Likewise, if your DLP is 1280x720, then run 1280x720 to it or it will look really bad.

Anyway - read the topic about CRT vs. LCD vs. DLP projection systems. Completely - yes completely - disregard any comments about DLP having moving parts as the micro-mirrors inside a DLP are based on semiconductor technology that is rated at about 20 years... or longer than most of the electronics inside most TVs will last anyway.

Bulbs are important to consider.
Video quality is important to consider.
Brightness is important to consider.
Viewing angle, continued maitenance costs, depth, connectivity, initial price, and size all are factors that DLP vs. CRT buyers should consider. There are pros and cons to both and the decision - in the end - is yours.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis