Mitsubishi announces 92" DLP and 155" OLED TVs :eek:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
155" OLED? Insane. They went from cellphone screens and 11" tvs straight to that?

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I'd love that 92" OLED if it'll mount on the wall.:cool: Oh wait, that would give me the same viewing angle I have now.:( D@mn!!:mad::eek::eek:

C

clouso

Banned
Sony made a 12 incher Oled i think and it was selling for 4000$ or so i think...what will be the price of a 155''...:eek:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
There's still a place for DLP. There just isn't an affordable to the masses no-brainer to setup alternative for 65"+ TVs yet.

I thought OLED had a tendency to die after a couple of years? Is that no longer an issue? Or was it overblown?

C

clouso

Banned
There's still a place for DLP. There just isn't an affordable to the masses no-brainer to setup alternative for 65"+ TVs yet.

I thought OLED had a tendency to die after a couple of years? Is that no longer an issue? Or was it overblown?
I had a DLP and i really didnt liked the fact that the bulb was about..going to.. or was.
near to blow out..no thx...but i admitt it..this 72 incher Toshiba i had gave me a good movie experience...and thats why i will get a bigger screen soon...but it will be plasma...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My 73" Mits. DLP is still on it's original lamp after 3 years. I was looking for replacement lamps on ebay and found lamps with the housing for around $83 shipped. For the price I paid for the tv, and what it costs to replace the lamp a few times during the tv's lifespan, I think DLP is still the best value out there for a big screen tv.

C

clouso

Banned
My 73" Mits. DLP is still on it's original lamp after 3 years. I was looking for replacement lamps on ebay and found lamps with the housing for around $83 shipped. For the price I paid for the tv, and what it costs to replace the lamp a few times during the tv's lifespan, I think DLP is still the best value out there for a big screen tv.
You are lucky i guess..i changed the lamp 2 times in my first 2 years with the Toshiba 72 hm196 model and i paid 120$ or so for each of them at the time here in Canada...that kinda of discouraged me about DLP's...anyway im very happy with plasma now....but like i said in my previous post DLP's are a good value for the sizes of screen and they do give a good movie experience even with a less accurate PQ...my 2 cents...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis