D

dws

Audiophyte
Looking at the Mirage Omni S10 and the Valodyne DPS10. Any comparison or reviews out there? Both are in the $400-$500 price range.

J

Jacksmyname

Audioholic
No experience with the Velodyne, but I do have the Mirage S10. It's a great sub.
However, check with Vann's. They had some Mirage S-12's at the same price. I grabbed one several months ago. I don't see it listed anymore on their website, but it might be worth a phone call to see if they have any left.

sleeper

sleeper

Audioholic Intern
Hey,

I have the DPS-10. Although it's ok, it does leave me feeling like I'm missing something. For movies, it's not bad at all... it doesn't have the greatest low frequency extension, but it's good nonetheless. For music, it lacks a bit of refinement, speed, and linearity. You may want to look elsewhere if you plan on doing a lot of critical listening. If you want loud boom, you've found your sub!

I don't have any experience with the Mirage. You may want to check out Hsu or Onix for affordable subs. I've heard good things about them, both here and elsewhere.

Just my two cents.

sleeper.

PS Keep the eq on "classical/jazz" at all times... for all types of listening.(DPS-10) It seems to have the flatest frequency response.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis