MINI-DSD-DIRAC LIVE for NVIDIA SHIELD / OUTLAW AUDIO 976

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
big question could i add a Dirac live minidsp device to my NVIDIA shield by connecting one of ther dsp unit to its usb output which will correctly pick up an decode the audio from the shield an then that device to to my outlaw audio 976 receivers 7.1 Analog Audio Input an be under 600$ my reason for wanting to

do this is i love my 976 receiver but not
its built in peq eq settings an id like to use the dirac but not get a new receiver just to be clear the nvidia is my main media source that feed to my outlaw

then the
outlaw to the tv if this is doable which minidsp device should i get

i know under the audio setting menu under output types on the nvidia shield thers usb audio output
i just want to know if which if any minidsp units under 600$ are suited for this task

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The 976 has output that would allow you to put a mini DSP dirac unit between it and your amps. Not the other way around. Use the 976 to decode the audio first, then let the mini DSP do it's job.

Looking at the miniDSP site, your only option under $600 with dirac only supports 2ch audio. As long as the Shield TV supports the device, it should stream 2ch no problem.

I'm not sure your effort will be worth it in the end though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like the 8 channel unit is $1100 USD. That would go between the 976 and the amps to correct the output from the 976. Then 976 can decode everything the shield can output so let it do that.

Trying to get the shield to connect to a DAC to decode HD audio isn't something I'd do. Just needlessly complex.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis