Might receiver be failing?

G

gardon

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I have a Pioneer VSX-519V that has been working fine for about 4 years, then a problem started. I start watching from any source and the receiver will have no sound, or sometimes only from one speaker and very low, not untill i turn the volume up to very hi levels i ussually don't listen at does normal sound suddenly actívate. After that i can lower the volume and it'll keep working.

This every time without exeption and lately it takes even longer to work, i wonder if something might be failing.

Tried the search in the fórum but didn't find this particular problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well....it doesn't sound like its getting any better. :eek: Couldn't tell you if that's to do with the mvc control or amps or any other specific thing myself....

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Yea sounds to me like a power supply problem. I would get it looked at and get a quote to repair it and then weigh up your options.

G

gardon

Audiophyte
@lovinthehd : yeah, no kidding, lol. I was checking to see if you guys could have a suggestion before i take to a repair shop.
@Grassy : Yeah, i guess its looking like i'll have to get it looked at.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
@lovinthehd : yeah, no kidding, lol. I was checking to see if you guys could have a suggestion before i take to a repair shop.
@Grassy : Yeah, i guess its looking like i'll have to get it looked at.
This should not be too expensive. The problem is the anti thump turn on circuit. There is a delay to connecting the speakers to the amps to prevent turn on thumps damaging the speakers. It works via relays. You are having to turn it up to generate enough voltage to activate the circuit.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
The Pioneer VSX-519V is a 5 year old entry-level AVR. Taking to a repair shop they will charge U for 1 hour just for a checkup, typically their bench rate is about $85 an hour. Most likely not worth fixing...

Just my $0.02... ;)

G

gardon

Audiophyte
I see. Thanks for the info TLS, its good to be somewhat aware of the problem before shops tell you whatever they want in a quote.

G

gardon

Audiophyte
@Mcode: yikes! Yup, i'll definitely ask rates first and consider the options. You're right, its entry level, i knew when i got it. First i've ever bought.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis