Microsoft Extends Xbox 360 Warranty

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Microsoft announced late yesterday that it expects to pay out over $1 billion in expenditures to take care of new and existing Xbox 360 owners who have been experiencing the "Red Ring of Death" errors on their gaming consoles. Microsoft has decided to extend the warranty on the Xbox 360 to three years after too many of the gaming systems incurred system failures. While the company wasn't specific about the problems, it is assumed that the primary culprit was related to the known overheating issues.

Discuss "Microsoft Extends Xbox 360 Warranty" here. Read the article.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
What about the people with errors/issues other than the 3 red lights of death?

There is plenty of info on disc tray issues, disc scratching, machine freezing and more...

This is a half-assed attempt to appease the media/masses when they should have taken the full step and replaced everyones 360 with a non-faulty one. We shouldn't have to go through hoops to get a valid, working console...that is what we paid for, right?

Replace them all? I don't know about that. Contact them regarding your specific issues and see what they say. If it is repeatable and observable then you may be eligible.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Replace them all? I don't know about that. Contact them regarding your specific issues and see what they say. If it is repeatable and observable then you may be eligible.
This warranty extension, as I understand it, only covers the 3 red lights of death...the other issues aren't covered and those that have them are s.o.l.

They are admitting design flaws but only extending coverage on a specific symptom...unless I am mistaken...

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
What about the people with errors/issues other than the 3 red lights of death?
This is like what happened to me. The disc just stopped reading DVD's, CD, and games. No Red Rings, no errors, just no enjoyment :(. XBOX warranty did not cover it. Thank goodness I actually splurged on a best buy extented warranty. It was the first time I ever bought their warranty on anything.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
Is there a way to check a system to see if it’s still in warranty?

Now might be a good time to pick up a broken Xbox cheap and send it in for repair.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
There is plenty of info on disc tray issues, disc scratching, machine freezing and more...

This is a half-assed attempt to appease the media/masses when they should have taken the full step and replaced everyones 360 with a non-faulty one. We shouldn't have to go through hoops to get a valid, working console...that is what we paid for, right?
Agreed. I never got the red ring of death with mine. Insteady my unit would freeze up minutes after I started to play any game I had. They fixed it since then but I still have major issues with one of my games. I call the software company and they blame Microsoft. I call Microsoft and they blame the software company. So here I sit with a buggy game I wasted $60 on. :mad:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. Sounds like when I call about my AT&T rebate..."We don't handle that..call this number" Then they answer and say "We don't handle that, call THIS number" which is the first number I called....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis