Micra 6 an upgrade from Logitech z680?

G

g808

Audiophyte
I have the Logitech z680 5.1 PC speakers powering my 12' x 12' living room and they sound pretty good with a lot of low booming bass. I'd like to get better, crisper highs and tighter bass.

The Athena Micra 6's are on sale at Best Buy and seem like a great deal. I'm wondering if I get these and power them with a receiver like an Onkyo 602 or HK AVR 135/235 if it will be a nice upgrade from my current speakers?

The Logitech specs are very good when compared with the Athena set, but I figure the Athena's must sound better right? Perhaps not as much low bass, but hopefully an upgrade.

Any thoughts?

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Well, in a word, YES. The sats would certainly be an improvement. A VAST improvement. However, the sub I have not paid attention to and therefore cannot comment on. I am confident that it wouldn't be worse than your logitech. It just may not be better.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
g808, at $207 I don't think you can go wrong. I think you'd notice an incredible difference in sound quality. That is one heck of a deal. You should post a link in the deals section.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis