A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
In what has only to be described as an, "Oh my GAWD! I've GOT to get me one of THOSE!" moments, we stumbled across of video of the new Sarcos' powered exoskeleton. Of course, it probably costs millions to produce and won't ever see mass production, but if there is a billionaire playboy at the head of Raytheon (the new owners of Sarcos) perhaps he could put it to good use. Our question? Where do you plug in your iPod? Oh, and does it come in black?

Discuss "Mech Anyone?" here. Read the article.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
SECOND DRAFT (to make more sense in less space).

Notice the odd similarity in the cycle of body armour.

Pre Firearm

Post Firearm

And further down the line somebody will develop atomic laser pistols and people will at first only have red shirts to wear into battle, then a mirored vest of some kind and eventually everyone will resemble Voltron. Its a vicious circle.

I believe the key to all of this is a smaller power source. To eliminate the need for a bulky backpack is to attain these and more advances.

C

cmb5286

Junior Audioholic
yeah i watched that video the other day and that suit looked pretty cool
suprising from where we've come in the last century haha

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I believe the key to all of this is a smaller power source. To eliminate the need for a bulky backpack is to attain these and more advances.
You're absolutely correct, the key to the next great jump in tech evolution will be ultra powerfull mini powerpacks for armor, transportation and complex defence systems. Now, how to make a mini-super powerpacks?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
nah, just make the armour plating out of lithium-ion batteries. (It'll only stop bullets half as well in 10 months)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis