Me again...still trying to dub these VCR tapes-I have more equipment info...HELP!

S

shelley3862

Audiophyte
I am so embarrassed, but I just don't seem to get this working. At first I tryed the VCR to VCR, all I got was audio, no video even though I had the audio and video hookup up. Then I got the other instructions, so I thought I'd try to run it through my TV, still no luck and now I don't even have audio. My equipment is a RadioShackTV with a box on the back the looks like this:top line has variable audio out R/L, next line has Loop out Red plug, white plug, and VIDEO yellow plug, and the last line has A/V IN with red, white and yellow plugs.

My 1st VCR is a Sharp-I normally playback on this one...it has a Video/Audio yellow and white IN plugs, and a Video/Audio yellow and white OUT.

My 2nd VCR is a Zenith-I'll use for recording, has Audio IN/OUT white plug, and Video IN/OUT yellow plugs.

I've changed all my channels and switches to CH3, and the Zenith has autotracking. Also, do I have to unhook my cable coming into the TV or unhook anything else? Should I be able to view while recording/dubbing? And last, do I have to have my TV/VCR button on anything?

I know this seems like a bunch of questions...I am just really looking for some help as after three days of these I am frustrated. My kids are giving up on me! Thanks again for any help that anyone can give.

U

Unregistered

First, if both vcrs have only a single audio in/out jack (white) then they are MONO vcrs - you will not get a stereo recording, but if you want to do it anyway...

Sharp vcr (playback): audio out (white) to tv audio in (white). Video out (yellow) to tv video in (yellow). Use the tv jacks where you said it is marked 'a/v in'.

tv: You said it is marked 'loop out'. Never seen such a designation but they probably are the correct outputs to get the audio and video that came in to the tv out to another device.

Zenith vcr (recording): tv audio out (white) to vcr audio in (white). tv video out (yellow) to vcr video in (yellow).

Use the tv or its remote to select the input to which the playback vcr was connected. Typically the tv/vid button will cycle thru the inputs (tv, video1, video2, etc). Some older tvs aren't marked with names for the inputs and you choose a particular channel to view the signal from the device connected to its inputs (on an old proscan I had it was channel 91).

On the record vcr, use its remote or front panel to select 'line-in'. This tells it to use the signal coming from the device (tv in this case) connected to its input jacks on the back.

Have you ever had the playback vcr connected to the tv for viewing tapes? If so, how? Is the cable tv from the wall connected to the vcr antenna in and then from the vcr antenna out to the tv in? If so, then the vcr sends the image over the cable and you have to have the tv on the correct channel (probably 3). You might have to have the vcr on channel 3 or 4.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Are they pre-recorded tapes?

Many of these have copy protection on them to prevent their being duped.

S

shelley3862

Audiophyte
Thank you so much for this info......back to the drawing board!! I really appreciate it!

S

shelley3862

Audiophyte
Nope, no copy protection.....these were old tapes I had of familly reunions etc. Thanks!

U

Unregistered

I'm wondering if there is a way to identify a tape that has "copy protection".

When I first started posting here ... I found shelley's 1st thread with a search:
http://www.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3105

I am the "unregistered" user asking the questions in that thread. NEED HELP!

BTW, I am registered .... as AWIDESUPIE (Supra owner). Just haven't logged in. I have stuff FS in the classified too if you want to check it out. I'll cut you a deal on it if you can help me dub these tapes ... please!

Thanks. -Brian

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis