McIntosh MHA50 Portable Decoding Amplifier Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Introducing the new MHA50 Portable Decoding Amplifier from McIntosh. One of the most coveted names in home audio is doubling down on the headphone market, not long after launching its MHP1000 headphones, McIntosh is supporting its new cans with a high-end portable headphone amplifier and DAC. McIntosh says the MHA50 is designed to help you get the best possible sound out of your headphones. Is it worth a whopping $700? Only a true McIntosh fan may be able to answer that question.

mcintosh.jpg

Read: McIntosh MHA50 Portable Decoding Amplifier Preview

S

swspiers

Audioholic
Okay. I know this is crazy. But I'm probably going to get this at some point. And yes, it's strictly for the brand. I mean, this is the cheapest McIntosh product I've ever seen, lol.

R

Ronald8

Audiophyte
Resurrection. How does the performance of the MHA50 compare with the long gone Oppo HA2SE ? The Oppo didn't have Bluetooth capability, but the ESS Sabre32 ES9028-Q2M DAC is a great chip. I still use the SE six years later with many different headphones and I haven't heard anything that makes me want to upgrade.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"I find the warm, blue glow from the meters of a McIntosh component reassuring."

:rolleyes:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it looks like a f#%kin' Zune HD that somebody dipped in cheap blue paint. Come on McIntosh. :rolleyes: How did I miss this thread six years ago?:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis