McIntosh M1347 and MX100

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Not that I’m in a position to even buy these but the specs are somewhat disappointing, although it’s interesting to see them use class D amps, think that’s a first. No HDMI 2.1 but it’s not really for prime time so maybe that’s smart. I would think since they aren’t part of Denon / Marantz they would ditch Audessey for Dirac, I’m sure there’s some licensing contracts or something similar on why they haven’t changed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More than just D&M use Audyssey. McIntosh has done so for quite a while. Not that McIntosh is particularly cutting edge in any case...

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I’m mostly a fan of McIntosh history of solid engineering and amazing resale value. Once you factor resale McIntosh is a great value if you have the discretionary budget.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't consider resale value myself, as I don't plan on reselling gear when I acquire it. McIntosh does have a fan base that keeps theirs up there, tho. If I were considering churning gear then that would be a consideration. So what's the solid engineering behind their use of autoformers on SS amps?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So what's the solid engineering behind their use of autoformers on SS amps?
Honestly I haven’t got a clue, just like every other audiofool. That said their stuff for the most part isn’t snake oil and outlasts the owner some of the time. The funny thing about McIntosh is I’ve been in many stores that sell their gear and I’ve never seen or heard one of their speakers in person.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Many years ago I walked into the high end room of a local A/V shop and saw what I still think is the most beautiful piece of AV gear I've ever seen, the Mcintosh MX130 A/V Tuner Control Center. Turning the knobs on that thing felt better than fiddling with any other knob save my own.:p I believe it was connected to the MC 7106 amplifier and they were running 5 HT-1's and an HT-2. The THX WOW laserdisc was playing on the projector. I've never heard that demo sound that way ever again. Good times.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
$5,000 for the little 11Ch pre-pro and $5,000 for the 7Ch amp (250x3Ch + 125x4Ch).

Shouldn't they make an 11Ch amp to match the 11Ch pre-pro? :D

Unless they want people to buy two amps, which would bring the total to $15,000.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I don't consider resale value myself, as I don't plan on reselling gear when I acquire it. McIntosh does have a fan base that keeps theirs up there, tho. If I were considering churning gear then that would be a consideration. So what's the solid engineering behind their use of autoformers on SS amps?
Solid engineering (for the 1960s) ;)

But, those meters and lights o_O o_O o_O

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis