MCACC Distance Tones

H

HoneyMan

Enthusiast
When Using MCACC to calibrate listening didtance, should I be trying to match the two tones exactly at the middle of the two speakers?

For Example; when adjusting the Left Surround speaker the Left front speaker sounds as well. Should I be aiming to get the two tones to meet exactly at the middle or exactly where the rear speaker is?

Last edited:
rgriffin25

rgriffin25

HoneyMan said:
When Using MCACC to calibrate listening didtance, should I be trying to match the two tones exactly at the middle of the two speakers?

For Example; when adjusting the Left Surround speaker the Left front speaker sounds as well. Should I be aiming to get the two tones to meet exactly at the middle or exactly where the rear speaker is?
The point of MCACC is so you don't have to do any of the work yourself. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the Auto-setup you could do it on your own. The use of test tones is to get each speaker to the same level from your listening position. To do this accurately, you will need a set-up DVD or CD and a SPL meter.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
HoneyMan said:

Are you calibrating for speaker distance setup or level matching?

Level matching cannot be done by ear. You need an SPL meter and you need to level match at the listening location.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
HoneyMan said:

Like they said,go to Radio Shack and get the basic 40 dollar SPL meter. Measuse each speaker to your listening area. Put that info in. Then do the test tone for each speaker sitting in your listening area. Each speaker should be set the same,between 75 and 80. Sub a little more. Thats basic.

H

HoneyMan

Enthusiast
rgriffin25 said:
The point of MCACC is so you don't have to do any of the work yourself. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the Auto-setup you could do it on your own. The use of test tones is to get each speaker to the same level from your listening position. To do this accurately, you will need a set-up DVD or CD and a SPL meter.
Obviously you dont have MCACC on your receiver.
all it does is sounds a tone in 2 speakers at once so you can adjust by the ear, now what do you say?

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

HoneyMan said:
all it does is sounds a tone in 2 speakers at once so you can adjust by the ear, now what do you say?
I have the Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX. I also install Pioneer receivers at work. SO maybe you should do a little more research on how to set-up your receiver.

You need to read your owners manual to get a full understanding of how your receiver works. There is more to setting your particular receiver than running the MCACC.

H

HoneyMan

Enthusiast
rgriffin25 said:
I have the Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX. I also install Pioneer receivers at work. SO maybe you should do a little more research on how to set-up your receiver.

You need to read your owners manual to get a full understanding of how your receiver works. There is more to setting your particular receiver than running the MCACC.
What are you talking about?
MCACC does not set itself automatically hence the word "Manual". Ofcourse there is more to setting up a receiver than MCACC when I come across any problems with other settings I'll let you know. For Now we are talking about a VSX-D814-s's MCACC system in a beginner forum. So go easy champ.

Thanks for the link to your elite hardware it helps me out greatly.

Getting back to the topic, there is nothing in the manual that cleary explains where the tones should be considered in "tune" when calibrating the speaker distance. I can only guess that the two speakers should be sound equal from the listening position

Last edited:
rgriffin25

rgriffin25

HoneyMan said:
What are you talking about?
MCACC does not set itself automatically hence the word "Manual". Ofcourse there is more to setting up a receiver than MCACC when I come across any problems with other settings I'll let you know. For Now we are talking about a VSX-D814-s's MCACC system in a beginner forum. So go easy champ.

Thanks for the link to your elite hardware it helps me out greatly.

Getting back to the topic, there is nothing in the manual that cleary explains where the tones should be considered in "tune" when calibrating the speaker distance. I can only guess that the two speakers should be sound equal from the listening position
I am sorry, I didn't realize that your receiver did not do MCACC automatically. I did answer your question in my first post.

rgriffin25 said:
The use of test tones is to get each speaker to the same level from your listening position. To do this accurately, you will need a set-up DVD or CD and a SPL meter.
I only responded the way I did because of your response:
HoneyMan said:
I was just trying to help, I guess I misread the "manual" set-up. You really shouldn't be so tough on someone giving you free advice. Have a nice day. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis