matching receiver and speakers

H

hitendra

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hi
I am looking to purchase a home theatre system and going by whatever I have seen on these fora, it makes sense to me to buy the receiver and speakers separately - and largely convinced that booze is to be avoided.

I already have a Pioneer DVD player and I plan to buy a receiver first (looking at Denon AVR-1803 presently but not firm on it yet) and then speakers (not yet decided which).

The problem is that since I am in India, most stuff like Klipsch or Polk are not available. So one has to really shop around and check specs in absolute minute detail as there maybe a lot of unknown good brands around which may be available only locally here.

Can anyone help me understand what I should be looking for to match the speakers to the receiver so that I dont accidentally blow the whole thing up. Need to be sure that I get all the tech specs right when shopping so that not only do I get matching speakers but also helps me compare.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Hitendra,

Exactly what part of India are you writing from as Klipsch and B&amp;W is available freely in major metros like Mumbai and Delhi and so are other high end brands.</font>

H

hitendra

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Mumbai

But have not been able to locate yet anyplace which gives Klipsch - I know B&amp;W is available althought haven't checked them out yet

Interestingly, of the few places I checked out, most of them did not have any tech material to hand out on the models they were showing - seems that the sales is done mostly by looks and brand rather then technology

Presently, what I am generally looking for is the set of specs I need to look at while matching receiver to speakers.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis