Matching ESLs with Other Speakers

J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
So I went out recently to listen to some speakers to upgrade my home theater setup and fell in love with a pair of used Martin Logan Clarity speakers. The price was good and the sound blew away everything else I had tried out (at least to my ears), so I took them home. I finally got them set up so they sound right in my space and I am absolutely thrilled to have them, but now I am wondering about the rest of the setup which I haven't pieced together yet. I am wanting to buy a sub, center, left and right surrounds, and eventually atmos style overhead speakers, but I have read that matching speakers with ESLs can be hard. I am less concerned about the sub than the surrounds and center in terms of coherence, based on what information I have read so far.

Does anyone have any experience matching ESLs with other speakers or do you know of any resources that have general guidelines or advice to follow for this? I see ML sells some affordable surrounds that have AMT tweeters. Is that what I should be looking for in future speakers?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis