Master bedroom audio set up

S

Sound reno

Audiophyte
Hello.

I am hoping to get some advice on equipment and best set up approach for our new master bedroom / ensuite / balcony area.

The entire master bedroom area is rectangular shaped at about 500 sq ft. with the bedroom area on one side, the master bath in the middle and the walk in closet with laundry at the other side.

I have access in the attic to run wires down to a central power location. I’m thinking I will need one speaker in the WIC/laundry area, one speaker in the large bathroom/shower area and two speakers in the larger bedroom area with another one or two speakers on the walkout balcony area.

For the most part, all 4 -5 indoor speakers would be playing the same thing at the same time…..music from our Iphone.

I want this system to be Bluetooth controlled. Since there won’t be one central listening area, I would need to set all the speakers up as mono? Ceiling mono speakers are not as readily available as are stereo ceiling speakers!

I will need an amp or speaker switch system thats capable of hooking up multiple speakers to one source like this? (and keeping the impedance level suitable for the amp)

The Sono’s is out of the budget.

I have available to me a Kenwood home theatre amp that’s not being used anymore. I was wondering if I could use this and hook up a Bluetooth streaming device to control in via an Iphone. Would I need a speaking switching device to hook up all the speakers to the amp to protect it?

For the most part, I think this is considered only 2 zones?

Zone 1) all 5 indoor speakers set to mono.

Zone 2) Outdoor balcony speakers.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Forum etiquette you don't need to post the same post twice learn your Forum etiquette

So pick which one your going to delete

S

Sound reno

Audiophyte
Yes, I'm new to the forums and didnt know the proper forum to post it in, my bad.
But thanks so much for the kind etiquette welcome.

Im also installing overhead speakers on my front porch....very wide but narrow porch. Runs the length of the house....42 feet and goes out 7 feet. Hot tub at one far end and seating on the other end of the porch. Probably 2-3 / 8" ceiling speakers for the length of the porch.....Im guessing these speakers should all be mono? (all speakers playing both left and right channels?

S

Sound reno

Audiophyte
Would anyone even attempt to use single coil speakers and risk hearing only one channel?
Thanks ahead of time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis