R

RevolutionUnion

Enthusiast
I love the mass effect series. Just like any game that has a series if you have been following it, the game turns into a movie. Its epic to say the least. The gameplay is good-average it can be very intuitive if you take advantage of the class system. Upgrades ext. This is a must buy game. The storyline is really what makes this game. I highly recommend!

M

missionp

Audiophyte
Finished it one time already. It has really good storyline though crappy ending. Also, more weapons and biotics.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I didn't like the ending but I wouldn't want them to change it. They are supposed to come out with a free DLC that clarifies the ending more but they are calling it an extended cut. I'm not sure I want that. After the last real fight is about 20 minutes of bullshit to get through.

I'm on my fifth playthrough. The only reason I suffer through the ending is in case I want to do a new game + with my characters.

Jim

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I played the demo and it reminded me of one thing about ME 2 that I absolutely HATED. I hate that run and cover are the same button. I can't tell you how many times in ME 2 I just wanted to run and Shephard would duck behind a wall or something. That stupid little game mechanic alone got me killed many times. Plus every time I wanted to vault over something he has to cover first. Totally stupid.

I got SO frustrated playing the "Save the Krogan female" part of the demo that I stopped playing it. Overall I did enjoy ME 2 but if the demo is any indication of the amount of frustration I'm going to get playing ME 3 I might pass. I think I'll at lease wait until I can buy a cheap pre-played version.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I agree with the run and cover button issue. Even though I'm used to it, it leads to my death a few times each time I play. They had that in ME2 as well so I've had a while to become used to it. You really have to be aware of your surroundings. A few times I've tried to sprint away from gunfire only to stick to the nearest wall doing my best impersonation of a fish in a barrel. :eek:

Jim

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Spoilers ahead

Ok, I assume it has been long enough and most people even remotely interested had chance to finish it at least once

Lets all talk about ME3 ending - this is pretty good and long writing, but this photo does a good of summarizing it.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
The "problem" with the ending is that it allows players to quickly and easily see behind the curtain. One can easily reload the game, finish the final portion, and see the other endings without much trouble.

What people don't seem to put together is that, by and large, NONE of your choices matter - it's a pretty convincing illusion, but the vast majority of the game is the same regardless of what you choose to do. Sure, a few characters live or die, and the objectives are assigned by different people, but overall the experience is nearly identical. The CHOICES you make are what matter to you, and since most people don't play through a second time, they don't see that the results are only superficially different.

In order to have a coherent, logical ending to the game, the choices were whittled down. I can't imagine the ending the fans seem to have craved, wherein every tiny choice is given an epilogue. Did you really want to find out that saving the Rachni was the wrong answer, or curing the Genophage doomed the galaxy - and there's nothing you can do about it now? That choices whose results you can't POSSIBLY have foreseen were "wrong?" I don't see that as an improvement.

Granted, there are some plot holes in the very end - probably to be filled in by DLC - but these are no more or less severe than what we see in the theaters every summer.

To create a cohesive, narrative vision, your choices throughout all three games only matter superficially - it is a testament to the talent of the team that many people didn't notice until the ending.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hello all,
Was wondering if anyone played ME3 with the free Extended Cut DLC?
(At the time of this threads last post it wasn't available yet.)

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I was done with ME3 by the time it came out. I played almost all classes on insanity and didn't need to play it anymore.

Jim

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis