MartinLogan 4th Gen Motion XT Series BIG Performance Enhancements!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Now in their 4th generation, the Motion Series and Motion XT Series use newly-design waveguides to improve the performance of MartinLogan’s ‘Folded Motion’ AMT tweeters. All nine new speaker models boast at least 92 dB sensitivity, promising great things for home theater dynamics. The Motion Series includes an interesting ‘multi-purpose’ speaker that can be wall-mounted in different orientations depending on how it’s being used.

MartinLogan will be launching the new speakers at Audio Advice in Raleigh, NC, and Audioholics own Gene DellaSala will be in the house for a listen and meet & greet!

Join us this weekend @AudioAdvice for a listening event and your chance to win a BRAND New Martin Logan 5.1 Motion system valued at $5,396. Who's coming? https://www.audioadvice.com/giveaway

martinlogan.jpg

Read: MartinLogan Motion XT Series Product Details

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Now in their 4th generation, the Motion Series and Motion XT Series use newly-design waveguides to improve the performance of MartinLogan’s ‘Folded Motion’ AMT tweeters. All nine new speaker models boast at least 92 dB sensitivity, promising great things for home theater dynamics. The Motion Series includes an interesting ‘multi-purpose’ speaker that can be wall-mounted in different orientations depending on how it’s being used.

MartinLogan will be launching the new speakers at Audio Advice in Raleigh, NC, and Audioholics own Gene DellaSala will be in the house for a listen and meet & greet!

Join us this weekend @AudioAdvice for a listening event and your chance to win a BRAND New Martin Logan 5.1 Motion system valued at $5,396. Who's coming? https://www.audioadvice.com/giveaway

View attachment 60256

Read: MartinLogan Motion XT Series Product Details
Very cool!, Nice write-up, Jacob. Thank you.

lancer360

lancer360

Junior Audioholic
Very interested in these speakers. Hopefully a full review is coming.

lancer360

lancer360

Junior Audioholic
That is the review that got me interested. Really want to see numbers on the off axis performance of the center to make sure it isn't as bad as a typical sideways MTM. I have a shallow and wide couch setup.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here's one....not really a full review though, but I trust his opinion on most things.

That reviewer's report of the tonality of the Polk L800 and Klipsch Heresy was the very opposite of how they measured.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That reviewer's report of the tonality of the Polk L800 and Klipsch Heresy was the very opposite of how they measured.
Haha but he is such an excellent speaker, should be capable of convining probably 99% of his followers who likely believe measurements mean little, just go by ears!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Trusting a YouTube "review" is like trusting the marketing team at FraudioQuest! Don't bite!
Fished In Waynes World GIF - Fished In Waynes World Fishing - Discover &  Share GIFs

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Here are my listening impressions of the F100. Matthew Poes is getting in the F200s to measure and review and I may request more units as well.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Here are my listening impressions of the F100. Matthew Poes is getting in the F200s to measure and review and I may request more units as well.

Gene, you forgot to bring your wife in at the end for her opinion ! :)

N

NMG

Enthusiast
Please don’t let your published review of these be good. I really like the initial comments they’re getting and I don’t need any additional ammo to force myself into a demo which is bound to lead to a purchase, LOL!

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Please don’t let your published review of these be good. I really like the initial comments they’re getting and I don’t need any additional ammo to force myself into a demo which is bound to lead to a purchase, LOL!
You know you are going to buy them !
Have to admit, this is the one of the nicest designs I've seen in quite a while.
Out of my financial range, but dreamworthy.

N

NMG

Enthusiast
You know you are going to buy them !
Have to admit, this is the one of the nicest designs I've seen in quite a while.
Out of my financial range, but dreamworthy.
That’s what I’m afraid of! I’ve been running the same speakers for well over a decade and haven’t felt the need to upgrade, but these might do it!

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Darn it, if I hadn't just bought my new Sonus Faber Lumina V's, it would be these ML Motion 200's or bust!

Wait a minute here. How does ML get such high sensitivity ratings on their small models like the center speakers and surrounds? 92 to 93dB, hard to believe.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Wait a minute here. How does ML get such high sensitivity ratings on their small models like the center speakers and surrounds? 92 to 93dB, hard to believe.
Erin from Erin's Audio Corner calls out a lot of these speaker makers for their sensitivity ratings, as in they are rarely what they state. Guess we will see when they are actually measured.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Darn it, if I hadn't just bought my new Sonus Faber Lumina V's, it would be these ML Motion 200's or bust!

This was confusing upon first glance but the reasons will become clear in my interview with the ML Engineers. The towers have more ability but were deliberately padded down for more smoothness. Stay tuned...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Erin from Erin's Audio Corner calls out a lot of these speaker makers for their sensitivity ratings, as in they are rarely what they state. Guess we will see when they are actually measured.
We always measure sensitivity of loudspeakers. Klipsch is the biggest offender of inflated #s. Harman isn't far behind them either especially when they use a 4 ohm tweeter in an 8 ohm speaker like the Primus line did.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis