Martin Logan EM-FX2 Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I can't remember the last time I saw a truly versatile speaker like the one I'm going to talk about today... The EM-FX2 Speaker.
PicsArt_1424304038099.jpg

As part of the ElectroMotion Series, the EM-FX2 Speaker is voice and timbre matched with the rest of its line. This nice speaker features not one, but dual Folded Motion XT tweeters in a wide-dispersion array making it ideal for surround applications.
martinlogan-emfx2-ea-electromotion-series-surround-speaker-039.jpg

According to MartinLogan, the Folded Motion XT tweeter boasts a radiating surface 40% larger than those found in their award-winning Motion® Series products. I don't know how many of you have heard the XT tweeter in action, but let me tell you that it is one sweet tweeter. Low frequencies are managed by one 6.5-inch doped fiber-cone woofer. For best convenience and versatility, the FX2 can be mounted on corners, walls, or angled-walls. Take a look at the specifications and let us know what you think. I don't know about you, but I like these babies... a lot!

SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Frequency Response: 55–25,000 Hz ±3dB.
  • Dispersion: 160° x 30°
  • Sensitivity: 93 dB @ 2.83 volts/ meter.
  • Nominal Impedance: 5 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 ohm rated amplifiers.
  • Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-200 watts per channel.
  • Crossover Frequency: 2,300Hz
  • High Frequency Transducer: Two 1.25" × 2.4" (3.2cm × 6.1cm) Folded Motion Transducers with 4.5" × 2.75" (11.4cm × 7cm) diaphragm.
  • Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" (16.5cm) paper cone with cast aluminum basket. Ported.
  • Weight: 16lbs./each
  • Overall Dimensions (HxWxD): 14.9" x 14" x 6.8".
Price: $649.95/each
PicsArt_1424303992506.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis