Mark Schifter To Be Sentenced Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I don't recall what time this event is to take place or how he'll get to the courthouse seeing that his favorite ride in the past has been to go with Field Marshal Steidle.

I've heard through the grapevine that MLS plans to go to California when this is all behind him and get into the restaurant business (Would you like fries with that, Miss?) where he claims to have family involved.

Not everyone who was affected received Victim Impact Statements unless they also had a direct financial loss. For example if a raffle was run on the person's behalf and they never bought a ticket they were shut out of the loop. At least one person has taken severe offense to having their name and situation used for shifty fund raising and has issued a very strongly worded letter to the judge. Hopefully, it will have the desired effect.

After we find out what the sentence is, I'll post a surprise.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Sentencing is at 3 pm today.

Which means that unless I or someone else is very lucky in being able to get the court clerk, we'll either have to wait till Monday for the disposition. Maybe someone else will get a heads up from Cosson and post.

So, enjoy your breakfast this morning Mark. Have an early lunch and an early dinner. Make it a good one because with any luck you can then go and toss some salad later this evening.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Everyone will have to go to his "food service place" when he gets it and cause problems.I know I am gonna get food poisoning for sure....then we can sue him...won't that be grand????:rolleyes:

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Saw this posted elsewhere just a short time ago:

Good Morning All:

As today is Friday and my day of reckoning in Court, I wanted to send along a few thoughts and all. These have been very difficult days for us filled with anxiety and sadness in many respects. I’m also sure that all of you have suffered along with us. I’m truly sorry for this.

Of course I have sat through these last few weeks with a fear-riddled heart torn and broken in many ways. I’ve also felt the overwhelming support of each of you in your own way and in your own words. I wanted to take this moment and thank you for everything. While great pain is present – so is a greater depth and realization of what each of you has meant to me –

I’ve also grown quite a bit Spiritually – and while I don’t often say too much about this in an e-mail setting… I can tell you all that the strength and joy I have re-kindled in this has meant more to me than anything else. *The core of who and what we are is (after all) what we are all seeking in this life – My strength and my "core" is all about God. I have found that missing ingredient again in my life - and I'm so grateful for this.

My actions have brought tremendous shame to my family and to all of my friends, and for that I apologize once again. I love you all so very much, and I’m truly sorrow-filled for the pain and suffering I have caused. But know this – I will NOT be defined by these events. *What I do in the future beyond my sentencing today will be all about finding that peace that a good and grace filled life can bring. I am ready to move beyond this moment and get back to the things I enjoy doing – and delivering on promises in the here and now, and on into the future. I have a bright life ahead… and I hope to be enjoying that with all of you… TOGETHER, as it should be.

I’m also very sorry that the last few weeks really enveloped my every being. I have not been there for all of you – and I’m really very sorry for that as well. Please know that I realize this, and again, want to thank each of you for being there for me and those around me during this time. I know it has not been easy on any of you in so many ways.

Well… I truly hope that either later on today – or Saturday that I’m able to personally write or let you know how I fared. While I pray for this… I also pray for each and every one of you. Your Grace and Love has shown through in so many ways. I thank you for this…

Peace be with us all…
The above quote is an email that Mark sent to a number of people earlier today. I was not included, although I was copied on some earlier mass emails from Mark prior to his indictment (last one was in mid-February, I think).

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sure it went to those who were not overly judgmental and largely kept quiet in public. Like it or not, he's defined by this particular matter and a ton of others for which he has not shown remorse, contrition, or ever made an attempt to correct. He can go...

I hope Mark takes my survey.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Well,

I didn't receive that email?

Hmm, I guess I am no longer HIS Brother & Friend. ;) :D

Furthermore, I think HIS God is a different being than MINE.
Saw this posted elsewhere just a short time ago:

The above quote is an email that Mark sent to a number of people earlier today. I was not included, although I was copied on some earlier mass emails from Mark prior to his indictment (last one was in mid-February, I think).

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Pathetic. Thats his apology? His explanation? He is sorry that he embarrassed his family and friends and now he is going to move on to live a happy life in God's warm embrace? Good for you bub. His God is ok with him? Where are the real apologies? What about the people he used? What about the charities? To read that it would make it sound like he just underfunded a couple raffles or something. What a sick f&$k!

Last edited:
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Stricken from his inner circle of dear friends? 'Tis a sad and hug-less place to be, Hugh. It is not a lonely place, though, as there seem to be a great many of us in that shadowy purgatory - deprived of his words, denied his promises of support, and with a secure grasp of our pocketbooks and senses that is most inconvenient to his future plans.

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
You can say that again.
Stricken from his inner circle of dear friends? 'Tis a sad and hug-less place to be, Hugh. It is not a lonely place, though, as there seem to be a great many of us in that shadowy purgatory - deprived of his words, denied his promises of support, and with a secure grasp of our pocketbooks and senses that is most inconvenient to his future plans.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I can't help but think this whole thing would make a good screenplay.

Would love to know the recipients of the email, and who is still buying into the BS.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

Would love to know the recipients of the email, and who is still buying into the BS.
Perhaps those whose comments have been more of tepid nature. ;) I guess all those folks like DF, DW, the ARC, Dana Farber, etc. didn't get one. But I'll betcha he's been working on a verbal delivery that he'll try on the judge. You know. To warm the cockles of her heart. Bring a tear to her eye. Praise be!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
That response was pretty vague, more directed at his family than the direct victims (charities, sick and dying, charity donaters, av123 customers). An apology I don't think is going to go a long way at this point. A response like that would have gone a lot further if it was offered prior to the indictment or even soon after.

Now that he has found religion, I know Tiger is looking for someone to go to mass with.

F

FudBuster

Enthusiast

I didn't get one either Curtis. I guess my "help" in getting the whole ball rolling with the Sloan/Kettering fiasco and my less than stellar support in the closing days of the forum over there, got me taken off the list. Actually, I'm sorta surprised I wasn't banned a couple of times, but toward the end, I guess they really didn't care anymore.

As for the letter itself, it speakes volumes in what it DOESN'T say. Once again, it's more about him and his life and troubles rather than all of those charities who got zip, nothing, nada and the impact this ordeal has had on any future type of fund raising for communities like we once had over there.

:(

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
That response was pretty vague, more directed at his family than the direct victims (charities, sick and dying, charity donaters, av123 customers).
That's pretty much always been his angle on things, right?

"I'll call you family, but steal from and use you to line my own pockets."

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis