Marantz Streaming Integrated Amp: Audiophile Grown Up?

E

ericdev

Audiophyte
That's my point, flagship or near flagship dac chips and their implementation are relatively cheap and yet most integrated amp manufacturers still put the near bottom chips in their products. And if called out, they will tell you it's implementation that matters not the chips itself. Of course they are right about that, but then why not spend a few dollars more on better chips if so much efforts have been put on implementation.
I agree that DAC units should be outboard equipment- chiefly for ease of replacement and/or upgradability if nothing else.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree that DAC units should be outboard equipment- chiefly for ease of replacement and/or upgradability if nothing else.
If you have a good dac what are you upgrading to particularly, tho? Dacs are so overthought these days....

E

ericdev

Audiophyte
If you have a good dac what are you upgrading to particularly, tho? Dacs are so overthought these days....
Agreed. However a lot of things in this hobby are done for a variety of reasons- some worthwhile; others not so much. The flexibility for change and ease of service/replacement (should something go on the fritz) is the main argument for DACs to be outboard rather than built into centerpiece equipment, IMHO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis