Marantz SR8012 vs separates

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
’’

What about the “placebo “ effect? Some hear through their wallet and ears.
It may be argued that if you hear with you wallet, the ears are removed from the equation.
Unless some sort of witchcraft horror movie ear-leather wallet is used.
:eek:
...in which case, I’m out. Want no part of that voodoo, yo!

:cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your best bet if at all being possible, is to spend at least a month or so listening to different speakers and amps. Any decent hifi shop should allow to do so. You may have to put down some money upfront as sort of an insurance policy, but it will pay off in the end. Many people will say all amps sound the same, while some like me have to differ. They may only be small differences, but in the long haul those small differences big differences. Anyone's personal preference including mine shouldn't matter. Go by what your ears prefer, after all your the one spending the money and will be listening to it. Good luck and get out and do some auditioning.
That would entail a shitload of driving for someone like me. I don't find many stores' listening rooms or gear setups all that well done either. Best way is in your own room. Mostly speakers, amps are minimal unless you're into tubes or some other tweaky kind of amp thing.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
That would entail a shitload of driving for someone like me. I don't find many stores' listening rooms or gear setups all that well done either. Best way is in your own room. Mostly speakers, amps are minimal unless you're into tubes or some other tweaky kind of amp thing.
Agreed the best and really only way is in your own house. And if your lucky enough to have a good hifi shop semi locally, they should have some sort of program which allows you to audition gear. As far as tubes go, I like them usually for about fifteen minutes and that's about all I can take. They just don't sound natural. But that's the great thing about audio, one's persons taste varies to the next. Just like some people love horns and some people hate them, and personally speaking. I'm in the camp if done right, their hard to beat, done wrong can be torture's. And you can build your system to and around what you like. Your money, your ears, build it to your liking.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis