Marantz SR8012 Listening/Performance Test YouTube test Review

D

dnabob

Audiophyte
Gene, I found your testing review of the Marantz SR8012 very helpful. I curious is you are planning a listening review. I may have missed it.
I believe I will be purchasing soon, but was hoping to hear your thoughts. Thank you very much for Audioholics!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
All depends on the speakers for a "listening" review. Speakers provide the listening portion of the review.

D

dnabob

Audiophyte
Thank you, EverettT. I appreciate your comment. I know that SR8012 will not sound the same Gene's set up as on mine. Just was wondering if his expected listening review he refereed to earlier is still in the works. All the Best,

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you, EverettT. I appreciate your comment. I know that SR8012 will not sound the same Gene's set up as on mine. Just was wondering if his expected listening review he refereed to earlier is still in the works. All the Best,
It kinda will was my point. A well designed AVR without EQ with adequate power and normal distortion levels will sound neutral regardless.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
IOW, the Marantz SR8012 won't sound any better than the Denon X3500 or Yamaha RX-A1080 using the same system. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If it does, one, or two, or all of them are not make to specs.
You can definitely get a less expensive AVR ($500) to sound better than a more expensive AVR ($5000) depending on your final setup. :D

D

dnabob

Audiophyte
IOW, the Marantz SR8012 won't sound any better than the Denon X3500 or Yamaha RX-A1080 using the same system. :D
Respectfully, I understand all of this, but my question about whether Gene will have a listening review available is still unanswered.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Respectfully, I understand all of this, but my question about whether Gene will have a listening review available is still unanswered.
If I remember right, it will get done, eventually, but you have to ask him. "listening review", you mean the subjective review right? What sounds good or excellent to him may not mean the same to you. The really important part of the AH reviews are the measurements, and that's done.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis