Marantz SR7300 Multi Room Video Black & White

A

Afro

Audiophyte
I have had my SR7300 working perfectly in a multiroom setup for two years. Now all of a sudden the DVD video signal to the multiroom monitor is black & white. All other sources appear in colour only the DVD is affected. Is it a malfunction with the receiver or a setting I haven't yet identified.

Haywood Jablomi

Haywood Jablomi

Enthusiast
My guess is that it is a malfunction in the composite video output on your DVD player.

A

Afro

Audiophyte
That was my first thought too. But the DVD plays fine on the main monitor played through the receiver. It's almost as if the colour is lost between the input points to the receiver and the output points to multiroom. Very strange.

Haywood Jablomi

Haywood Jablomi

Enthusiast
The multi-zone output on the Marantz is composite only. The only way to use it is to connect your components to the receiver with a composite video cable as well as S-Video or whatever else you are using. I suspect that you have both composite and S-Video going from your DVD player to the Marantz and S-Video going from the Marantz to the TV in your main system. Any problem with the composite video output of the DVD player would therefore not show up on the main system.

A

Afro

Audiophyte
I am not using S video, only composite. So it's very odd.

Haywood Jablomi

Haywood Jablomi

Enthusiast
Did you try putting the DVD on a different input?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis