Marantz SR7011 - No Audio Via HDMI

R

Rusty Axle

Audiophyte
My Marantz SR7011 worked fine until today.

I was away for a few days and turned off the receiver, TV and PC that make up my entertainment system.

Upon returning I turned everything back on and discovered that I had lost audio.

The HDMI cables are securely connected.

The receiver, PC and TV have all been turned off and back on in multiple sequences in the hope that some form of 'handshake' was the issue.

The receiver is attached to the PC via HDMI, and also to the LG TV via HDMI. Both HDMI cables are certified 8K.

Prior to today, I could play audio and visual content from the PC. Now only video appears. without audio

The TV automatically switches to the Marantz for audio output while streaming YouTube TV, but there is no audio.

The TV speaker output is set for HDMI ARC., and the correct HDMI port is in use on the TV and the receiver.

The volume metrics on the Marantz display panel change with the TV remote volume control. So it appears that the components are communicating.

All electronics get their power from a very good surge protector.

My gut is churning at the prospect of having to replace what was until now a perfectly good and not inexpensive receiver. Plus I will consider Marantz to be a major disappointment from a quality perspective if in fact the receiver has lost audio capability.

I'm hoping that someone can offer guidance on potential remedies.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
You're sure you don't have any muting on? Or perhaps there is an A/B speakers control that got switched?

The old Yamaha I used to use in my office had a speaker set selector that was easy to hit by accident (or may have reset on power outage) that occassionally had me scratching my head for a bit when it came up and output was gone until I remembered to check it.
(Not a feature on the SR7011)

Last edited:
-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
My Marantz SR7011 worked fine until today.

I was away for a few days and turned off the receiver, TV and PC that make up my entertainment system.

Upon returning I turned everything back on and discovered that I had lost audio.

The HDMI cables are securely connected.

The receiver, PC and TV have all been turned off and back on in multiple sequences in the hope that some form of 'handshake' was the issue.

The receiver is attached to the PC via HDMI, and also to the LG TV via HDMI. Both HDMI cables are certified 8K.

Prior to today, I could play audio and visual content from the PC. Now only video appears. without audio

The TV automatically switches to the Marantz for audio output while streaming YouTube TV, but there is no audio.

The TV speaker output is set for HDMI ARC., and the correct HDMI port is in use on the TV and the receiver.

The volume metrics on the Marantz display panel change with the TV remote volume control. So it appears that the components are communicating.

All electronics get their power from a very good surge protector.

My gut is churning at the prospect of having to replace what was until now a perfectly good and not inexpensive receiver. Plus I will consider Marantz to be a major disappointment from a quality perspective if in fact the receiver has lost audio capability.

I'm hoping that someone can offer guidance on potential remedies.
Sorry to hear about your woes. My first take (after checking cable connections) would be to see if another HDMI source if available could be used to help in diagnosing the issue. (Laptop, Blu-ray Player, etc.)

Failing that, can you plug the PC into the TV via HDMI? If so is there sound and video?

R

Rusty Axle

Audiophyte
Consider me a happy idiot... the system was directing audio to a zone that had no speakers.

Doh.....

Thanks everyone for your guidance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis