Marantz SR7005 satellite connection

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
I just got a SR7005 and am having trouble connecting my DirectTV satellite dish. The TV recognizes a box is attached but not that’s its the SAT. I don’t think there is a WiFi connection on the SR7005. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this? Do I need Ethernet? If so, how would I connect it? Thanks!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure what you're asking. I assume you're connecting the DirectTV box via hdmi to the 7005? What input did you use on the 7005? It won't know that it's a sat box particularly, tho, you can use any hdmi input you want (or are you using ARC?). Looks like you need a hard wire connection for accessing your network or an add-on wireless unit (model RX101 is mentioned if you want to make it wireless).

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
Yes, connected the SAT box to input 3 (SAT) on the SR7005. What is a hard wire connection?How would I do that?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So what is not happening with the avr when you want to watch DirecTV using that input?

Hardwire with an ethernet cable into the port on the back of the avr. See page 24 of your manual....

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
It just says “Not connected.” Even tho the HDMI is in to the SAT 3.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you check input assignment ? Does that phrase not connected appear on the tv screen or the avr's lcd panel? I don't see a specific "not connected" in the troubleshooting section of your avr particularly.....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One thing you might do also is start with a fresh slate with a factory reset, a good thing to do with used avrs....

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
Do I do a factory reset by going through the menu options?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
It looks like your receiver doesn't have Wi-Fi but it does have ethernet. So that means you can use an ethernet cable and run it from your router if you have one into the 7005 for an internet connection. The HDMI will get you audio and video to the receiver. But not internet.

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
I just ordered a router. Any recommendation on the type of ethernet cable I need?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Assuming your modem is within 10 feet of your equipment that is fine. What is your internet service? If there is an open ethernet port on your modem you may not need a router just now.

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
My modem is downstairs so I think I will need an extender. Then I can plug the Ethernet into that and run the cable to the receiver

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure why the need for internet to the Marantz?
Might have to go into the sat box and enable hdmi. That’s not too likely, but depending on it’s age some sat boxes required some setup. Of course that means making a component or composite(rca) connection to see the GUI.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hello and welcome! So, DirecTV box to Marantz (sat) port. How about the TV? Brand, model? Which ports are being used to connect the Marantz to the TV? Are you able to see the Marantz GUI on the TV?

J

Jessica Mantoani

Audiophyte
I will call Direct TV and see if they need to refigure my Sat box. I was going to use the wi-fi to download latest firmware in case it was an update issue for the Marantz.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Unlikely a firmware update will help IMO and you can do it via usb drive, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis