Marantz SR6008 front speakers no output

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The house was a customized house, the speaker maybe decent. The speakers are in wall high up, extra work will be hard.
If the speakers are high up, it is not decent. Get those out of there and repair the hole in the sheetrock.

Unless you want a real hassle forget in wall speakers, as you will really have to open up your walls.

I would use standard speakers placed on the floor. That will be your easiest and cheapest solution by far. Anything else that is decent will be very expensive and really pull your home about.

Y

ylu234

Enthusiast
That unit has no business being in most domestic systems. That unit did send your speakers to the graveyard.
we are not professional musician, just for entertainment, I thought they should be ok, we had an older Karaoke system before, it was working great with our system, never blow anything.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I always suspect the output is too high, how do I check on these output values? I don't want it to blow my other speakers again.
As I said, for Karaoke you need a pro musicians type PA system like you would see in a bar, not a receiver and in wall speakers for sure. Mine might get away with it, but there is no commercial equivalent of those.

You are not the first poster here to blow up a domestic system with a Karaoke machine for shure. Live mics have a huge dynamic range. You could do it with a compressor limiter inserted, but they take skill and experience to use.

Y

ylu234

Enthusiast
As I said, for Karaoke you need a pro musicians type PA system like you would see in a bar, not a receiver and in wall speakers for sure. Mine might get away with it, but there is no commercial equivalent of those.

You are not the first poster here to blow up a domestic system with a Karaoke machine for shure. Live mics have a huge dynamic range. You could do it with a compressor limiter inserted, but they take skill and experience to use.
thank you, learn something, no wonder one of my friend had to spend $5000 for a Karaoke system with speakers, the technician said these speakers are special, I thought I can get away with it with a cheaper option :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis