Marantz SR5012 initial input issue

E

Ed Nolty

Audiophyte
When my new receiver turns on, it insists on going to "TV Audio" when I want it to go to "CBL/SAT" I have the audio coming back from the TV. I had some issues getting the audio from both the cable box and apps on the TV and I feel like I adjusted something that resulted in this, but I have been through all the menus and I cannot figure out what it was. Help appreciated after which I will undoubtedly feel stupid for ignoring something obvious!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like the classic HDMI ARC issue, is this how you have your avr and tv connected for audio? I'd just use an optical cable instead. Try turning off HDMI control to see if this is the issue.

E

Ed Nolty

Audiophyte
Thank you. I do have it connected with the HDMI only at this point. The problem if I use the optical cable and turn off the HDMI control is that the sound from the cable box never goes off, even if (1) I am trying to watch programming from one of the apps or (2) when I turn off the TV and the receiver remains on. Also, even though I chose the opt 1 input on the receiver, I don't think the optical cable is transmitting the sound. When I disconnect it while the TV is on, the sound continues. Is there something else I need to do? (I have the input for cbl/sat set to both HDMI1 and opt 1.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might be best at this point to be more specific about the what and how of your connections. Please elaborate on what you have connected and how (including make/model of gear). Apps are from tv? What are all the hdmi settings in both tv and avr?

E

Ed Nolty

Audiophyte
I appreciate your offer. I am trying to get it down to a reasonable set of alternatives, none of which are satisfactory. Right now I somehow have a frozen picture of a Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker no matter what I do, so I am going to reboot the cable box. Thanks.

J

Jazzy2020

Audiophyte
For the issue at hand,

Shouldn't this setting mentioned be Off?
Video > HDMI Setup > TV Audio Switching

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis