Marantz SR5011 as pre/pro and suround amp

V

Vusstoppy

Audiophyte
1. Do the preamp outputs have fx signal sent to them?
2. If Yes to 1, then can a Dayton Audio DSP-408 or MiniDSP be used to signal 4-8 speakers with DA DSP-408 etc. and so on for other preamp outputs?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your post is hard to understand.

What do you mean by fx signal? Pre-amp outputs are generally full range and always active. Don't know if that helps.

With only an avr external dsp is usually only valid on a pre-out interface with an external amp, like perhaps the sub pre-out to an sub amp, but without external amps applying dsp to other channels isn't going to be possible unless perhaps using a specific source via the analog inputs to the avr.

V

Vusstoppy

Audiophyte
Your post is hard to understand.

What do you mean by fx signal? Pre-amp outputs are generally full range and always active. Don't know if that helps.

With only an avr external dsp is usually only valid on a pre-out interface with an external amp, like perhaps the sub pre-out to an sub amp, but without external amps applying dsp to other channels isn't going to be possible unless perhaps using a specific source via the analog inputs to the avr.
Sorry I see my wording is bad.

my exact thoughts are:

AVR rear surround preout to a Dayton Audio dsp 4 in 8 out using a left dsp channel 1 in 8 out to 8ch amp to 8 individual speakers on left side and same for right channel and side. Also be great for all channels.

So if this is possible, Does the AVR rear surround preouts have the processing from the AVR to add the FX signals to external amps and dsp/splitters for added amps and speakers without needing a 2-4 16.4.4ch AVR's?

FX signals, Dolby Surround, etc.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis