Marantz sr5010 receiver Center image weird?

Z

Zerofox0070

Enthusiast
Hi everyone I’m having a strange problem with my marantz sr5010 when I’m stereo the sound has not got any Center image idk what this is I don’t use audssey btw (I have never used it) I did blow up a cheap Samsung soundbar woofer/driver with it at refrence volume and was polishing it shortly before that idk if that could have caused this all my distances are spot on and the crossovers for all speakers is 80hz and LPF of LFE is 120hz Im using my PS5 to run the video and audio in this situation and it is bitstream DTS I’m running through the receiver too so what could it be?? Thanks guys

Z

Zerofox0070

Enthusiast
I’m using a mission Center speaker for the Center a pair of acoustic solutions av 120 floor standing speakers and wharfdale diamond 9.0 bookshelf speakers for the surround channels and that’s it note this hasn’t happened before it only just happened after I plugged the receiver back in

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It shouldn’t be the electronics unless something is dead in the amp stage, but then you would lose a channel most likely.
Did you confirm nothing has changed in trims, delay or somehow in your set up?
You said you just hooked it back up after using a sound bar.

Frankly, my instinct is to tell you double check your speakers, their connections, and anything else including running Audyssey, just to set levels and delays and then you can turn it off…
Or if you are just opposed to that, checking everything with a good SPL meter may help.

Beyond that, from a set up perspective, pics of the room are the only way we can really advise if everything is positioned well.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi everyone I’m having a strange problem with my marantz sr5010 when I’m stereo the sound has not got any Center image idk what this is I don’t use audssey btw (I have never used it) I did blow up a cheap Samsung soundbar woofer/driver with it at refrence volume and was polishing it shortly before that idk if that could have caused this all my distances are spot on and the crossovers for all speakers is 80hz and LPF of LFE is 120hz Im using my PS5 to run the video and audio in this situation and it is bitstream DTS I’m running through the receiver too so what could it be?? Thanks guys
Check the phase of your speakers. Most likely your right and left speakers are 180 degrees out of phase with each other.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis