Marantz SR-5015 Receiver.

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
I just recently picked up Marantz SR-5015 for 1299.99 from Amazon. I wish that I would of picked is up when it was 1099.99! I am really happy with it so far. Nice performance and build quality. It is a 7 channel with 2 subwoofer outputs. It is perfect for my smaller TV room. One of the main selling points for me was that it has pre-outs for all 7 channels. I am using it as a pre-pro and it works excellent for that purpose. Another thing that I love is it’s ability to create immersive audio tracks from 5.1 sources. I get some great sound coming from my 2 height speakers. Sometimes the Upscaled 5.1 tracks sound better than my movies with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks.
I am using the Marantz SR-5015 in a 5.1.2 configuration. I tried a quick experiment by disconnecting my external amps and connecting all 7 speakers directly to the AVR. I then played my favorite scenes from my Godzilla Vs. Kong 4K disc. The SR-5015 had plenty of power all by itself! I am loving this AVR!
A27D3889-99A6-4F00-8B11-F6FBE6BA153A.jpeg

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I just recently picked up Marantz SR-5015 for 1299.99 from Amazon. I wish that I would of picked is up when it was 1099.99! I am really happy with it so far. Nice performance and build quality. It is a 7 channel with 2 subwoofer outputs. It is perfect for my smaller TV room. One of the main selling points for me was that it has pre-outs for all 7 channels. I am using it as a pre-pro and it works excellent for that purpose. Another thing that I love is it’s ability to create immersive audio tracks from 5.1 sources. I get some great sound coming from my 2 height speakers. Sometimes the Upscaled 5.1 tracks sound better than my movies with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks.
I am using the Marantz SR-5015 in a 5.1.2 configuration. I tried a quick experiment by disconnecting my external amps and connecting all 7 speakers directly to the AVR. I then played my favorite scenes from my Godzilla Vs. Kong 4K disc. The SR-5015 had plenty of power all by itself! I am loving this AVR!
View attachment 55968
Lots of people don't realize that the build in power amps in those Marantz and Denon AVRs have better specs and measurements than many integrated amps and even separate power amps anyway. And most importantly, power not needed won't do anything, it is a myth that a big power amp will improve sound quality even at very low listening level, such beliefs are not grounded in science.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis