T

tony r

Enthusiast
recently purchased Marantz sr6013 having a problem connecting receiver to out board three channel amp to run my front stage can anyone help with setup

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
recently purchased Marantz sr6013 having a problem connecting receiver to out board three channel amp to run my front stage can anyone help with setup
Source?
Amp?
Speakers?
Cables?
Connections?

T

tony r

Enthusiast
using pioneer lx500 4k blu ray with acurus 3x100 amp along with kef xq speaker line audioquest cables

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Left, center and right speaker pre-outs on Marantz using appropriate rca cables to the Acurus's inputs (or is the Acurus balanced inputs only?)....then I'd re-run Audyssey or recalibrate to integrate the amp.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Pioneer is a Blu Ray player only? I don't see a preamp in your list there. Like a receiver or prepro for processing. I'm not sure-sure, but I don't think the pio has a preamp in it.
He's got a Marantz 6013.... :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm more curious what the problem was to start.....maybe just didn't RTFM :)

T

tony r

Enthusiast
when using receiver to watch movies all channels play properly when attempting to connect amp to receiver left and right front channels are fine center channel has no out put

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How do you have the Marantz connected to the amp? Are you using RCA connections on the l/c/r outputs from the Marantz to the amplifier inputs? Have you run room correction?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
when using receiver to watch movies all channels play properly when attempting to connect amp to receiver left and right front channels are fine center channel has no out put
Test the amp for a bad channel by swapping leads to check. Is center channel used in this particular playback mode? It is enabled in speaker setup? What's your amp assign setting?

T

tony r

Enthusiast
Usin r c a cables from amp to receiver I have enabled speaker in set up don't know what amp is assign to in setting

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does avr's amp work on the center channel or just not on the pre-out?

T

tony r

Enthusiast
I know I have a center pre out there’s no sound from the center pre out

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis