Marantz PM-11S1 Integrated Amplifier

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I drive a simple vehicle. It's a 2003 Jeep Liberty and I like it a lot. If I were offered the opportunity, however, to test drive a Hummer or Porsche Carrera - I'd do it in a heartbeat. Why? Because I'm not likely to fork out that kind of money in my lifetime and it's occasionally nice to see "how the other guy lives". The Marantz PM-11S1 is my Porsche Carrera this month. At a price tag of over $4k I'm not going to be able to afford to keep this baby in my reference system for long, but it is a superb machine with all the styling of a European sports car. It's the kind of product you don't want to leave fingerprints on and will find yourself taking extra time to install it into your system - not because it can't be manhandled or take the abuse, but because - like a fine work of art - you don't want to diminish its beauty in any way.

Discuss "Marantz PM-11S1 Integrated Amplifier" here. Read the article.

M

mattburk

Audioholic Intern
great read. I have been eyeing the high end marantz gear for a while but I have yet to see a review. I hope you review there separates next & compare them with the likes of classe, parasound, plinius and ps audio.

M

mattburk

Audioholic Intern
So, moderator. what would you pick: 1. Parasound jc-2 and mono blocks or 2. Marantz ma-9s2 & SC-7s2.

C

cornelius

Full Audioholic
Great review! Thanks!
I liked the amp comparison, really helps appreciate the quality of a great piece of gear.

C

cosmin.batica

Audiophyte
Marantz amplifier

I always admired Marantz gears. I listen to PM-11S1 and it's indeed a very good amplifier.
But I recently own the PM-15 model (the original one - 1994, not current PM-15S1 or PM-15S2 model) and I must say it's a truly high-end masterpiece. Far better than any of other integrated that Marantz ever made.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis