Marantz NR1200 bluetooth issues

R

redwood

Audiophyte
Just invested ($649) in a Marantz NR1200 AV receiver mainly to use with my iPod with Bluetooth for Sirius XM and my iTunes library. Very happy with the sound quality, but a few issues with Bluetooth:
1. When I am adjusting volume with my iPod (the volume buttons on the side of the iPod) when connected to the receiver via Bluetooth, the volume jumps from 0 to 13, then to 29 (if I decrease, it goes from 29 to 13 to 0), after 29, it then increases in increments of about 3. The problem is when I am listening to classical music in the morning, 13 is too low and 29 is too high. The only resolution is to constantly get up and walk over to the volume or use the Marantz remote to adjust to about 20, but when there is a person speaking, I want to increase temporarily, but then it reverts to the 29 or 13 choices only. Is there a way to address this?
2. Every time I power off the Marantz, it loses the connection to the bluetooth, and when I turn the Marantz back on, I still have to go to my iPod settings and re-connect. The Marantz manual says to should re-connect to the most recent device when turning it on. My Pioneer receiver always reconnected once I turned both on. Any thoughts?
3. Is there a setting on the Marantz to use auto-standby. The manual says it will turn off after ten minutes of not being used, but when I tried it, an hour later the unit was still on? Is this related to the issues above?
Thanks in advance if you can answer any or all of my issues.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hello and welcome! Have you tried using Airplay rather than bluetooth?

R

redwood

Audiophyte
Thanks, I will try...so far the manual is confusing...it mentions connecting to the wifi by looking at the TV screen...not sure how to do that as this is a stereo receiver??? But I appreciate you leading me in this direction...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You can connect it to a TV using an HDMI cable from the MONITOR HDMI output to an HDMI input on a TV so you can see the setup menus. If you have a router or switcher nearby, you can hard-wire the receiver with an ethernet cable to the network and not have to set up a wireless connection.
9757A514-9769-4555-90E5-9F32FF0EA762.jpeg

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Are you using the HEOS or Marantz remote apps from the Apple App Store? Both apps have a volume slider bar on screen.
1C637CC0-A2C1-4A7C-8E40-2001E2DF8A09.jpeg
D08B972B-000A-4875-92FE-D1BA35BAEA33.jpeg

R

redwood

Audiophyte
Thanks for this help and visuals. I will try these after work today. Apparently a lot has changed since I bought my last stereo setup in 1999.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Even 2009 would have seemed like a lifetime ago, with the speed things have moved.

As a fellow NR1200 owner, welcome aboard!

Having the receiver connected to a screen makes menu navigation 1000x easier. If you don't have it accessible to a TV, a cheap used small-screen TV or computer monitor (as long as they have HDMI) will be a worthwhile investment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis