Marantz mm7055 and mm8077

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
You listing your amps on Craigslist or some other listings?

You have more channels in your system than I do. Mine is 5.1.4, so my MX-A5000 11CH amp has 2 unused channels.

The MX-A5000/5200 11CH amp would fit your 11Ch-system just fine. :D
I think I have a buyer for the 4BSST already, may have to list one of the preamp, likely the GFP565 first. Then I am going to finish the class A F5 before selling another power amp.

J

Jorio

Audiophyte
Yeah, the mm8077 has a totoidal transformer. So it keep a lot more power in stock if there is a burst of sound. It will sound way better on very saturated scenes. Of course if your volume is always low, it wont make much of a difference. But with 7 channels, your transformer is pretty much always in demande and the powerful transformer will always make a diference to my opinion.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, the mm8077 has a totoidal transformer. So it keep a lot more power in stock if there is a burst of sound. It will sound way better on very saturated scenes. Of course if your volume is always low, it wont make much of a difference. But with 7 channels, your transformer is pretty much always in demande and the powerful transformer will always make a diference to my opinion.
What makes the type of transformer (toroidal vs EI for example) so important to this "saturation" aspect, though? Rather than the transformer's specific capabilities? Wouldn't it be better for each amp channel to have it's own transformer if it is that much of an issue?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis