Marantz + B&W Synergy

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Why not go all separates and get the McIntosh Preamplifier + Amp?
I mean that is the right way to do things, but I don't want to go too over the top. I need to keep well within the $120k range. Going separates might put me over the top. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I mean that is the right way to do things, but I don't want to go too over the top. I need to keep well within the $120k range. Going separates might put me over the top. :D
No, that's the funny thing. Getting the separates McIntosh Preamp C49 is CHEAPER than getting the stinking Receiver! I think the Preamp is $2500 less than the AVR! :eek:

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
McIntosh Receiver MAC 7200 is $7500.
McIntosh Stereo Preamp C49 is $5000.

How does a 2ch receiver become an avr, tho? (per your post 22) (and ya wouldn't want to get the amplituner part for free in the receiver or anything....:) )

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
No, that's the funny thing. Getting the separates McIntosh Preamp C49 is CHEAPER than getting the stinking Receiver! I think the Preamp is $2500 less than the AVR! :eek:
Well, I don't want to short change myself. I mean it is "only" $2500.....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've heard that as well. I've heard Yamaha makes the best AVR's, Processors and Amps! Way better than Denon or Marantz! :D
I was thinking more along the lines that yamaha vehicles make Mcintosh systems sound more punchy and chocolatey...
*poorly restrained chortle
;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard that as well. I've heard Yamaha makes the best AVR's, Processors and Amps! Way better than Denon or Marantz! :D
Oh my goodness gracious, you are stirring up the AH pot. :D

Personally, you know I favor Yamaha. :D

But there are probably more members with Denon/Marantz components than Yamaha. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Oh my goodness gracious, you are stirring up the AH pot. :D

Personally, you know I favor Yamaha. :D

But there are probably more members with Denon/Marantz components than Yamaha. :D
Hahaha! I love stirring the pot. Especially when it comes to the AVR's, processors and my all time favorite CABLES!

Yeah, you are a big fan of Yamaha, but that's cool. You can speak to tons of experience. Heck, you got me interested in them at one point. If I was going to change my current setup, I would be replacing the Pioneer with the Yamaha. No knock on Denon or Marantz. I think they're both solid products. I just think it's funny how die hard people get for their brands.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis