Marantz + B&W Synergy

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was on the Marantz website since a client was interested in the SR8015, which is on backorder everywhere (like Yamaha's and Denon's).

And there it was. A picture of some Marantz Sound Engineer. And in the background was the B&W 800 Diamond series. :D

Last edited:
L

Leemix

Audioholic General
The B&W 800 series seem to be used a lot of places. Havent heard any of the new versions but i was very impressed the first time i heard the 801 i think it was, one 15” woofer instead of the 2 they use now. 20 yeas ago, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And here I thought it was Boston Acoustics that had synergy with Marantz! Or at least that’s what the online press and fora were saying two years ago...

Hey...

Is this some cooked up bullish!t? :p

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I was on the Marantz website since a client was interested in the SR8015, which is on backorder everywhere (like Yamaha's and Denon's).

And there it was. A picture of some Marantz Sound Engineer. And in the background was the B&W 800 Diamond series. :D

Now that Sound United owns B&W, I expect to see more B&W products used in marketing material. They will be pushing B&W products hard. Which is ok with me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Expect to see some people talking about "Synergy" among all the Sound United brands - B&W, Classe, Marantz, Denon. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Expect to see some people talking about "Synergy" among all the Sound United brands - B&W, Classe, Marantz, Denon. :D
If I owned 800 D3's I would never ever let a Marantz or Denon product touch those speakers. Classe yes, Marantz/Denon no.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If I owned 800 D3's I would never ever let a Marantz or Denon product touch those speakers. Classe yes, Marantz/Denon no.
Ouch. That's gonna ruffle some feathers. :D

I've seen guys with 800D2 who use Emotiva amps. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah just wait till that dude needs service for his Emotive amp and finds out they won't service it out of warranty.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hahaha, well If I must. I was going to put "my McIntosh AVR going with my McIntosh 1.2kw mono amps." So, probably add another $40k+ to my 2-channel setup.....Haha!
McIntosh AVR? Excuse me? :eek:

Do ATI, Theta, DataSat, Bryston, Mark Levinson, Krell, Classe have AVR? No sir! :cool:

We’re gonna have to revoke McIntosh’s Man-Card just for having an AVR. My goodness gracious lord have mercy. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
McIntosh AVR? Excuse me? :eek:

Do ATI, Theta, DataSat, Bryston, Mark Levinson, Krell, Classe have AVR? No sir! :cool:

We’re gonna have to revoke McIntosh’s Man-Card just for having an AVR. My goodness gracious lord have mercy. :D
Hahaha! Oh yeah, the McIntosh MAC7200 paired with 2- MC1.25KW amps! Of course I'd be using AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR connects and no worries, I will make sure to get the Dragon series AC power cable. All components will be plugged into my Niagara 7000 power conditioner. This will be the sweetest most awe inspiring two-channel setup you'll ever see. The blue meters from the McIntosh receiver and amps will leave you stunned. Don't even get me started on how chocolatey the mid's will be.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hahaha! Oh yeah, the McIntosh MAC7200 paired with 2- MC1.25KW amps! Of course I'd be using AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR connects and no worries, I will make sure to get the Dragon series AC power cable. All components will be plugged into my Niagara 7000 power conditioner. This will be the sweetest most awe inspiring two-channel setup you'll ever see. The blue meters from the McIntosh receiver and amps will leave you stunned. Don't even get me started on how chocolatey the mid's will be.
Why not go all separates and get the McIntosh Preamplifier + Amp?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis