Marantz AV8805 13.2CH 4k UltraHD AV Processor Preview

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If you read it, it would have at least provided some insight, but since you missed it.

The new technology uses different sampling rates in different bands, assigning lower sampling rates to bands that don't need a higher rate to deliver optimum sound. "Below 200Hz, you don't need to sample at 96kHz," he pointed out.
MultEQ XT 32 comes in handy because of the processing-power limits on audio DSPs used in audio components, Kyriakakis explained. "There's so much technology on the chips," and Audyssey has to share the processor's MIPs (millions of instructions per second) with other technologies
As you can see Audyssey doesn't use a standard sampling rate across the frequency bandwidth, but chose to differentiate based on where they decided the greatest payoff would be. The second quote demonstrated what has already been said to you about having to make serious choices due to having to share processing power while hitting very specific price points.

If you want room correction running at 96kHz across the entire frequency bandwidth look elsewhere.

J

John Daddabbo

Audioholic Intern
I didn't miss anything, but Thank you for sharing having thought that I may have. Chris, as usual, speaks to the capabilities of Audyssey and not what is implemented by most manufacturers, and that is Audyssey processing at 48 kHz for all channels and all frequencies (i.e. down-sampled). So as you suggest, I have been looking elsewhere and I have been doing so for quite some time, so here's hoping that Emotiva pulls off the RMC-1 in all manners for which they have been promising.

A

Adaboy

Enthusiast
I just received confirmation from Marantz that the new Top of the Line AV8805 at over $4000 dollars! ($4,500 to be exact) will still only come with Audyssey running at 48 kHz.

Oh contraire (Where's that comment coming from? Do you get Kick-backs from Marantz or what?), Marantz has NOT made the right choice, as this current AV8801 owner will be making the jump to Emotiva (with it's Dirac Live running at 192 kHz for all channels)... and as I would imagine many current Marantz AV8801 and AV8802 owners shall do at an asking price of nearly 5Gs! Thank you.
I just received confirmation from Marantz that the new Top of the Line AV8805 at over $4000 dollars! ($4,500 to be exact) will still only come with Audyssey running at 48 kHz.

Oh contraire (Where's that comment coming from? Do you get Kick-backs from Marantz or what?), Marantz has NOT made the right choice, as this current AV8801 owner will be making the jump to Emotiva (with it's Dirac Live running at 192 kHz for all channels)... and as I would imagine many current Marantz AV8801 and AV8802 owners shall do at an asking price of nearly 5Gs! Thank you.

Lol if you wanw to be a beta tester for Emotiva be my guest! They have a less than stellar history when it comes to processors. I'd never drop serious coin on them do to all their issues that take months/years to resolve if they decide they want to.

Lol can't believe you compare them to Marantz:rolleyes:

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I find the 8805 confusing that you cannot use the audyssey pro kit with it but instead the send you out a cardboard mic stand on a flagship product. Seems to me they have gone backwards.Why would we not have the opportunity to use a well built mic and processor and go to a 20 dollar app with a cardboard stand. Sorry marantz no real reason for me to upgrade.

A

Aaron Friedman

Audiophyte
Hmmm, that doesn't at all answer my question. No mention of any preamp processors running Audyssey at 96 kHz (or higher) that I can see at that LINK. I know that Audyssey will run at 96 kHz (or higher), however from what I can tell no manufacturer has yet to do so.
John I have been using Dirac Live for about 5 years now. I had it both in my Desktop computer set up and in my home theatre through MINIdsp. Just so you know for home theatre you are required to use the MiniDSP USB MIC in many systems. That samples at 48khz NOT 96khz. Hence on home theatre using the that Mic you would be limited to 48KHZ too. On my desktop I can and do sample at 96KHZ. There I have a choice of Mics and I use the EarthWorks M30 and Babyface pro MICamp/AtoD. 48HZ samples from 20hz to 21.8khz. 96KHZ samples to 43.6khz. However, most home theatres do not allow you to use anything above 20khz. Hence in that instant it may not make a differenc anyway. However, sampling in 192khz may actually be worse for this purpose. It is real technical but that is what I found. SO do not judge by the 48khz alone. Overall the Marantz 8805 is the best piece under $8,900.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis