Marantz av 7005 pre/pro amping out thru Harmon Kardon avr

I

imnofool

Enthusiast
Hello-----I need some advice again. I just bought a used marantz av 7005 today . (I am holding back a couple years for major upgrade of my 5.1 set up until they decide to make some better audio for the pricepoint they currently want.) ( Tonewinner At30016 ch. processor is an example of what I am talking about). Now for the advice: Could I use some of the amps in my Harmon Kardon 3600 avr instead of buying a separate amp (at least for now). (I presently have a separate amp from Class D Audio for both the 2 towers so I need to use the amps in the Harmon Kardon for the rest of my 5.1 setup).

How about this for a connection......I use the preouts on the Marantz 7005 and then connect to the direct analog inputs on the Harmon Kardon 3600 for the center and surrounds and run the speakers off of it. This should work right?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello-----I need some advice again. I just bought a used marantz av 7005 today . (I am holding back a couple years for major upgrade of my 5.1 set up until they decide to make some better audio for the pricepoint they currently want.) ( Tonewinner At30016 ch. processor is an example of what I am talking about). Now for the advice: Could I use some of the amps in my Harmon Kardon 3600 avr instead of buying a separate amp (at least for now). (I presently have a separate amp from Class D Audio for both the 2 towers so I need to use the amps in the Harmon Kardon for the rest of my 5.1 setup).

How about this for a connection......I use the preouts on the Marantz 7005 and then connect to the direct analog inputs on the Harmon Kardon 3600 for the center and surrounds and run the speakers off of it. This should work right?
I can work but now you have two volume controls so just be careful setting it up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Generally that's what the analog multich inputs act best at, providing amp only action from the avr. Setting optimal gain between the two can take some fussing....or just get an actual power amp solution....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis