Marantz AV 10 15.4CH AV Processor Bench Test Results!

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
What amazes me is the Trinnov, Lyngdorf, DataSats can put out a products that crush Harmon/Samsung in terms of software and execution, without initial bugs, with their cash available.
Keeping your company small, competent and centralized helps.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Yeah in the real world the biggest and richest companies (Yamaha, Marantz/Denon) that can put the most money toward Research, Development, and Customer Support will be the safest bet overall.
Looks like Massimo is preparing to sell SU again....

Who ends up owning SU, and how much R&D support they have in the next generation, will be an interesting thing to follow...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looks like Massimo is preparing to sell SU again....

Who ends up owning SU, and how much R&D support they have in the next generation, will be an interesting thing to follow...
My sources claim the sell off will keep the SU brands together. We shall see.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
What amazes me is the Trinnov, Lyngdorf, DataSats can put out a products that crush Harmon/Samsung in terms of software and execution, without initial bugs, with their cash available.
They target people who are willing to shop in the market for the so called money no object group. If the design/manufacturing teams of smaller AVR/AVP manufacturers such as Anthem (lots of bugs at launch time of their MRX and AVM in around 2020/21) were given the kind of budget Trinnov's teams were given, I bet their products would have been relatively bug free to at or shortly after launch.

So, with the likes of Trinnov, it is sort of, you get what you paid for. I am willing to spend a lot, for quality that I know are not "audible/detectable" to me, but I simply cannot afford prices in the range of above $10,000 for just a prepro, my limit is probably around the level of the AV10 and AVM90, even then I might have to be prepared to wear body armor and wear earplugs (then what's the point right) at home 24/7 just to go for those AVPs.:D.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Where's @M Code when we need to hear from him? It would be great if he could get us some ideas as to who really are the big players in the current AVR/AVP/AMPs/Streamers manufacturing, like who's been selling more, Yamaha, Marantz, Denon, or Onkyo?

And, would he be able to tell us who's the reliable ones, still Yamaha, or someone else now, based on what kind of database (warranty claims, service requests, returns etc.,)?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They target people who are willing to shop in the market for the so called money no object group. If the design/manufacturing teams of smaller AVR/AVP manufacturers such as Anthem (lots of bugs at launch time of their MRX and AVM in around 2020/21) were given the kind of budget Trinnov's teams were given, I bet their products would have been relatively bug free to at or shortly after launch.

So, with the likes of Trinnov, it is sort of, you get what you paid for. I am willing to spend a lot, for quality that I know are not "audible/detectable" to me, but I simply cannot afford prices in the range of above $10,000 for just a prepro, my limit is probably around the level of the AV10 and AVM90, even then I might have to be prepared to wear body armor and wear earplugs (then what's the point right) at home 24/7 just to go for those AVPs.:D.
Yeah, in terms of bugs and R./D/Support, it's about the amount of money they allocated.

Sony and Samsung are giants. But it seems like they don't care very much for the audio department. :D

Last edited:
M

multisport4me

Junior Audioholic
My sources claim the sell off will keep the SU brands together. We shall see.
I just read this is a spinoff to separate the businesses. That makes sense to me. However, can't help but wonder if SU is being positioned to sell off at some point? I'd love to trust that they'll keep all the brands together and if they are just separating businesses, this should be what they will do. If and when they sell SU off.... I don't believe such promises. The board will make as much money for shareholders as possible and if that means selling off brands one at a time (not likely, but to make a point) - they will do it.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Where's @M Code when we need to hear from him? It would be great if he could get us some ideas as to who really are the big players in the current AVR/AVP/AMPs/Streamers manufacturing, like who's been selling more, Yamaha, Marantz, Denon, or Onkyo?

And, would he be able to tell us who's the reliable ones, still Yamaha, or someone else now, based on what kind of database (warranty claims, service requests, returns etc.,)?
Somebody called for M Code.. :rolleyes:
Yamaha is the leader...
* Loyal distribution
* Quality, reliable product
* Strong market position
* Unique, R&D team
The other major player in brand competition is Harman using various off-spins brands through their Arcam(UK) purchase, all built by the OE source for HK and Marantz in Vietnam. But Harman even with the significant Samsung $$ underwriting has not not made the serious commitment to enhance their strong brands... but rather sell their higher profit margin headphones, ear buds and BT speakers. But their biggest profits come from the OE auto-infotainment biz...

Just my $0.02... ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So far, the direction of SU->Masimo has been great. So
Somebody called for M Code.. :rolleyes:
Yamaha is the leader...
* Loyal distribution
* Quality, reliable product
* Strong market position
* Unique, R&D team
The other major player in brand competition is Harman using various off-spins brands through their Arcam(UK) purchase, all built by the OE source for HK and Marantz in Vietnam. But Harman even with the significant Samsung $$ underwriting has not not made the serious commitment to enhance their strong brands... but rather sell their higher profit margin headphones, ear buds and BT speakers. But their biggest profits come from the OE auto-infotainment biz...

Just my $0.02... ;)
Plus, I will NEVER give up my MusicCast and MC-app. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I do like MusicCast. But, let’s be honest. This latest gen of Yamaha receivers was a mess. The styling is an acquired taste for most but the Aventage models are well built. The V6A and V4A are cheap pieces of s#%t. Yamaha was literally giving them away along with the A2A. Though well built, the A2A feature set was crippled.

The 3080 was a very nice unit. If they had updated it with HDMI 2.1 features and eARC, it would have been a damn near perfect AVR.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do like MusicCast. But, let’s be honest. This latest gen of Yamaha receivers was a mess. The styling is an acquired taste for most but the Aventage models are well built. The V6A and V4A are cheap pieces of s#%t. Yamaha was literally giving them away along with the A2A. Though well built, the A2A feature set was crippled.

The 3080 was a very nice unit. If they had updated it with HDMI 2.1 features and eARC, it would have been a damn near perfect AVR.
Yeah........I wasn't very thrilled when they changed the aesthetics of the RX-A3080/CX-A5200.

But MusicCast is the real deal. It seems weird to say. I mean, of course, quality is salient. But besides that, for me, there is no other feature more important than MusicCast. Using MusicCast is literally a daily routine for me. It's like I don't care about anything else. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
MusicCast is cool, works well and starts right where it left off. Control apps in general are cool but MusicCast is really well done and Yamaha’s web setup feature is also very good.

Back to the Marantz AV10, sweet feature set and looks like the severed head of a robot. Can you pick out the AV10?;)

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4581.jpeg

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis