Marantz 8012 - Single Source through Multiple Zones

X

Xtian

Audiophyte
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a Marantz 8012, along with new speakers for a 7.2 arrangement, that have yet to arrive. It is a substantial upgrade from a previous yamaha receiver.

I want to move my old speakers into my dining room for music only, and use the new 7 for the home theater. However, when I play music in the dining room, I would like it to come through ALL 12 speakers - the 5 in the dining room and the 7 for the theater.

Does anyone know if there is a receiver setting that can achieve this? It seems like a single source playing through a main zone and a zone 2.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

The Zone 2 outputs are stereo. You can use additional amplifiers to power all five speakers, but it won’t be a surround-sound encoded signal as with the main-room speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

X

Xtian

Audiophyte
Yes, I'm going to use the old receiver as amp and send the stereo signal through the pre-amp out from the marantz.

So I guess technically it would be 8 outputs- 7 surround speakers and the stereo out, but the original question still stands -

is it possible to send a single source to all these speakers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your Marantz is similar to my Denon which has an "all zone stereo function", although if you search your manual use the term "all zone stereo". You did RTFM, right? :)

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

is it possible to send a single source to all these speakers?
Most receivers can send the same signal to the second zone that is playing from the main zone. If the old receiver has a “5-channel stereo” mode, “Party” mode or similar, you’ll be able to get all the speakers in the second zone playing. That’s a lot of speakers for a dining room...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis