Marantz 7705 nd Emotiva/Outlaw

N

Nish_thesis

Audiophyte
I was contemplating to purchase the Marantz 7705 pre processor and couple it with either Emotiva XPA 11 Gen3 or the outlaw 7× 100 and another smaller amp to drive the remaining channels on the 11 ch Marantz. Any recommendations of one over the other?

I am really interested in a 7.2.4 system. I am also looking for overheads from Klipsch for atmos (CDT 5800II in ceiling) as it fits my price range of $650 a pair. Any comments on those?

N

Nish_thesis

Audiophyte
Awesome..Thanks guys. It's tough to make a decision without really listening these amps in action. I am leaning towards Outlaw as well.

Do you know any home theater places in Chicago where I can walk in and hear some of the equipment?

N

Nish_thesis

Audiophyte
I own previous gen Emotiva, no issues so far...,but recent feedback from users lean towards Outlaw or Monolith. Did you look into this as well ? Monolith 11 channel amp.
This is exactly what I am looking at. A little pricey as compared to Emotiva but Emotiva doesnt give that kind of power for the lower end 8 channels. I believe XPA 11 Gen 3 gives 65W for the remaining 8's

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is exactly what I am looking at. A little pricey as compared to Emotiva but Emotiva doesnt give that kind of power for the lower end 8 channels. I believe XPA 11 Gen 3 gives 65W for the remaining 8's
I Remember Gene saying on one of the threads the Monoprice 11 channel is the best deal out there for an 11 channel amplifier

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Emotiva, when I asked about the performance of multiple stereo units in the amps, would not tell me how they perform. They do this with the MonoBlades though. As you add mono units, the per channel wattage reduces slightly. Though you don’t need as much power for the Atmos, and maybe rear surrounds... without better product information...
I would walk away from that.
And then there are the issues that have cropped up about them allegedly not servicing their gear?!!
No thank you.
My experience with outlaw has been great.
:)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I would bite the bullet and get two amps, Monolith 200x5 and an Outlaw 5000.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am 100% happy with my Yamaha CX-A5000 11Ch amp, but I also vote for the ATI-made Monolith 11Ch amp.

Might also check with your dealers about the Yamaha CX-A5100 (State of the Art measurements). Might get better deal than the Marantz, unless you are getting the Marantz for Audyssey XT32.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was contemplating to purchase the Marantz 7705 pre processor and couple it with either Emotiva XPA 11 Gen3 or the outlaw 7× 100 and another smaller amp to drive the remaining channels on the 11 ch Marantz. Any recommendations of one over the other?

I am really interested in a 7.2.4 system. I am also looking for overheads from Klipsch for atmos (CDT 5800II in ceiling) as it fits my price range of $650 a pair. Any comments on those?
I have two of the Emo amps...(A800 and A500) 2+ yrs no issues. I also have 3 Outlaw M2200 mono blocks same ownership length...no issues. I would go Outlaw or Monolith. This is just a feel thing, not something I know for a fact, but Emo's rep with the upper echelon amps seems to be slipping.

I ask this question of all 7 ch surround prospects...how do you plan to source your movie content? Buy/rent blu ray/DVDs, or stream from Netflix, etc. I ask this because if you intend to stream the majority of your movie content...understand it's primarily a 5.1 market out there right now and on the mainstream level I don't know if that will change much in the coming years.

If you don't mind renting or buying physical media and you have the room depth for it...7.2.4 all the way.

Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out.

N

Nish_thesis

Audiophyte
I have two of the Emo amps...(A800 and A500) 2+ yrs no issues. I also have 3 Outlaw M2200 mono blocks same ownership length...no issues. I would go Outlaw or Monolith. This is just a feel thing, not something I know for a fact, but Emo's rep with the upper echelon amps seems to be slipping.

I ask this question of all 7 ch surround prospects...how do you plan to source your movie content? Buy/rent blu ray/DVDs, or stream from Netflix, etc. I ask this because if you intend to stream the majority of your movie content...understand it's primarily a 5.1 market out there right now and on the mainstream level I don't know if that will change much in the coming years.

If you don't mind renting or buying physical media and you have the room depth for it...7.2.4 all the way.

Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out.
Thanks a lot for your input. I will be primarily buying UHD discs from the market that has immersive audio features. I have got a couple. I had a Denon AVR 4500H for $1200. Didnt really see much of a difference. I returned it last week. Now I am without a receiver/pre pro or an amplifier. I am planning to go separates. I am really interested in the forums review about in ceiling Dolby atmos in the $750/pair price range. I am.pretty much settled on Marantz S7705 and Outlaw/Monolith.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks a lot for your input. I will be primarily buying UHD discs from the market that has immersive audio features. I have got a couple. I had a Denon AVR 4500H for $1200. Didnt really see much of a difference. I returned it last week. Now I am without a receiver/pre pro or an amplifier. I am planning to go separates. I am really interested in the forums review about in ceiling Dolby atmos in the $750/pair price range. I am.pretty much settled on Marantz S7705 and Outlaw/Monolith.
At my old home I had the RSL C34e's in ceilings this is in my opinion the best option in the $750 price range 4 of these is $500 I believe they are $125 a speaker several of our members here have these. They ate very well reviewed both here and in AVS I loved mine

They can't be beat in that price range in my humble opinion and your still under budget

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis