Marantz 7500 vs Rotel 1056 vs Denon 3805

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd rather have the extra watts too, that's why I went with the 8300 instead of the 7300 or 7300 OSE. Still wasn't quite enough power for 4 Ohm speakers though...:D The 8x00 models have tended to have better DACs and construction than the 7x00, however in the case of the x400 series, they share basically the same chassis. The x500 series, the 7500 actually uses the 8500 chassis.

V

vdefrancjr

Audioholic Intern
as far as buying referbished you **MAY** be better off. A refurbished unit is gone through with a fine-tooth comb to find any problems, they are facorty restored to new and come with a warranty. More attention is placed on a refurbished unit as one that comes right off the production line.

Note there is a difference from purchasing a referb from an authorized dealer vs. just any dealer.

That issue aside, go with the Marantz. It has all the major feature sets and expandablity one could ask for in a new receiver. The unit is simple to use, OSD is great, has great sound and great looks, not to mention the steller remote which i just love.

I too have the 7500 and cannot be happier with it. Sure the 8500 has what - 15 more watts/channel, not much to brag about, if you want to brag, get and external amp and use it for your mains. I have a QSC MX-1500a amp (THX certified) :D (for what it's worth) and 360 watts/channel that will do more than most will ever need for HT.

In any event, good luck in your purchase and remember, have fun :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis